Please click a category to view the included resources.
Extension Educator, Local Food Systems and Small Farms
University of Illinois Extension
Mt. Vernon, IL 62864
- A Guide to Illinois Laws Governing Direct Farm Marketing
- A Guide to Starting, Operating, and Selling in Farmers Markets
Publication by Rich Schell J.D, in cooperation with the Illinois Stewardship Alliance. The guide informs farmers and growers about what they need to know to legally sell farm products directly to consumers.
- Driftwatch - National Speciality Crop Site Registry
DriftWatch™ is a tool for identifying specialty crop sites and to further enhance communications between producers of specialty crops and pesticide applicators that promote awareness and stewardship activities to help prevent and manage drift effects that sometimes occur from spray operations.
- Illinois Farmers' Market Association
IFMA is dedicated to the growth and management of farmers markets throughout Illinois, serving the needs and interests of managers, farmers, vendors, customers and all stakeholders in local community markets.
- Illinois IDPH Cottage Food Operations Bulletin - January 2012
- Illinois IDPH Cottage Food Operations SUPPLEMENTAL Bulletin 44A - April 2012
- Soil Testing Labs
This list is provided for your reference. Call for current fees and services.
- U.S. Drought Monitor
- USDA AMS Farmers' Markets Directory
- Year-Round Planting Calendar
Planting guide for year-round field and hoop house production - from vegetables to fruits. It also presents facts and figures about nutrition loss over time, where your food dollar goes, and how our communities would benefit if only 15% of consumer food purchases went to local farmer Published by The Land Connection.