Please click a category to view the included resources.
Extension Educator, Local Food Systems and Small Farms
University of Illinois Extension
Mt. Vernon, IL 62864
Resources for Market Managers
- A Guide to Illinois Laws Governing Direct Farm Marketing
Publication by Rich Schell J.D, in cooperation with the Illinois Stewardship Alliance. The guide informs farmers and growers about what they need to know to legally sell farm products directly to consumers.
- Creative Fundraising Strategies for Farmers' Markets
Farmers Market Coalition Webinar.
- Direct Farm Marketing and Tourism Handbook
- Establishing and Operating a Community Famres' Market
- Farmers Market Manager - Frequently Asked Questions
This is a starting place for current and prospective farmers market managers and organizers looking to develop, expand, and improve their organizations.
- Farmers Market Rules, Regulations, and Opportunities
- Guide to Illinois Laws Governing Direct Farm Marketing - for farmers and other food entrepreneurs
Published by the Illinois Stewardship Alliance
- Illinois Dept of Ag - Bureau of Weights and Measures
List of registered licensed dealers authorized to certify scales. Codes are listed at bottom of the publication.
- Illinois Farmers' Market Association
IFMA is dedicated to the growth and management of farmers markets throughout Illinois, serving the needs and interests of managers, farmers, vendors, customers and all stakeholders in local community markets.
- Illinois IDPH Cottage Food Operations Bulletin - January 2012
- Illinois IDPH Cottage Food Operations SUPPLEMENTAL Bulletin 44A - April 2012
- Webinar - Sanitation Guidelines for Farmers Markets
Webinar from the Illinois Department of Public Health - discussing the new technical information bulletin on "Sanitation Guidelines for Farmers Markets", published on May 16, 2013.