Please click a category to view the included resources.
- 2011-2012 Univ of Ill Small Farm Webinars
- 2012-2013 Univ of Ill Small Farm Webinars
- 2013-2014 Univ of Ill Small Farm Webinars
- 2014 - 2015 Univ of Ill Small Farm webinars
- 2015 - 2016 Univ of Ill Small Farm Webinars
- 2016 - 2017 Univ of Ill Small Farm Webinars
- Cover Crops
- Drought Information
- Farm To School Resources
- Farmers Market Information
- Food Preservation
- Food Safety
- For KIDS!
- Fruit Production
This is where lots of great information is stored that did not fit in other categories!
- High Tunnels
- Legal Issues for Farmers
- Marketing and Economics
- Michigan State University Extension Beginning Farmer Webinar Series
- Sheep and Goat
- Soil Health
- Spray Guides and Handbooks
- Tomato Production
- Vegetable Production
Extension Educator, Local Food Systems and Small Farms
University of Illinois Extension
Mt. Vernon, IL 62864
Local Food Systems and Small Farms
- A Farmer's Guide to Food Safety and Conservation: Facts, Tips, and Frequently Asked Questions
Co-published by Wild Farm Alliance and Community Alliance with Family Farmers This guide goes over basic factors that affect the survival and movement of food borne pathogens on the farm, and how healthy diverse ecosystems can help to keep pathogens in check. A set of frequently asked questions addresses everything from wildlife and compost issues, to CSA visitors on the farm. Another section gives tips on how to have a successful food safety inspection, and the resources list includes links to web pages where your auditor can learn about the co-management of food safety and conservation.
- From Garden Gates to Dinner Plates - Illinois Cottage Food Operation Information
In Illinois, new laws have gone into effect overseeing foods that are prepared for sale by a business operated by a person at the Farmers' Market who produces food in their kitchen for direct sale by the owner or a family member. This website includes information about what foods can be sold, safe food handling practices, food labeling, and frequently asked questions. The site was created by Druscilla Banks, Mary Liz Wright, and Jenna Smith all University of Illinois Extension Educators, Nutrition and Wellness.
- Niche Meat Processor Assistance Network (NMPAN)
NMPAN is a network and info hub for people and organizations who want small meat processors to thrive. We offer tools and information for small processors and the farmers, marketers, and meat buyers who depend on them. NMPAN is part of eXtension.org.
- Recordkeeping Instructions and Templates for Small-Scale Fruit and Vegetable Growers
Recordkeeping toolkit from Farmer's Legal Action Group (FLAG).
- Strategic Talk on Genetically Engineered Foods
Put out by the Center for Science in the Public Interest (CSPI). CSPI is a nonprofit education and advocacy organization that focuses on improving the safety and nutritional quality of our food supply
- Yield Expectations for Mixed Stand, Small-Scale Agriculture