Please click a category to view the included resources.
- 2011-2012 Univ of Ill Small Farm Webinars
- 2012-2013 Univ of Ill Small Farm Webinars
- 2013-2014 Univ of Ill Small Farm Webinars
- 2014 - 2015 Univ of Ill Small Farm webinars
- 2015 - 2016 Univ of Ill Small Farm Webinars
- 2016 - 2017 Univ of Ill Small Farm Webinars
- Cover Crops
- Drought Information
- Farm To School Resources
- Farmers Market Information
- Food Preservation
- Food Safety
- For KIDS!
- Fruit Production
This is where lots of great information is stored that did not fit in other categories!
- High Tunnels
- Legal Issues for Farmers
- Marketing and Economics
- Michigan State University Extension Beginning Farmer Webinar Series
- Sheep and Goat
- Soil Health
- Spray Guides and Handbooks
- Tomato Production
- Vegetable Production
Extension Educator, Local Food Systems and Small Farms
University of Illinois Extension
Mt. Vernon, IL 62864
Local Food Systems and Small Farms
- Attracting Wild Bees to Farms is a Good Insurance Policy
Investing in habitat that attracts and supports wild bees in farms is not only an effective approach to helping enhance crop pollination, but it can also pay for itself in four years or less, according to Michigan State University research
- Bayer CropScience United States
Bees play a vital role in our agricultural system, making the care and protection of bees critical to the future of our planet’s food security. In fact, more than a quarter of all plants consumed in the U.S. are dependent upon honey bee pollination for their very existence. That’s how important bees are to our food supply. Bayer has proudly dedicated 25 years to ensuring the protection of bees through its Bee Care Program.
- Bee Removal Sources
Experts that remove and save honey bees
- Beekeeping Resources and Information
Additional resources from the Illinois Small Farms and Local Foods Website
- Kaskaskia Country Beekeepers Consortium
A collaboration of beekeepers for the promotion of best practices in beekeeping for the Breese, Carlyle, and Centralia area of Illinois. Facebook.
- Ohio State University Bee Lab
Everything you wanted to know about bees. Excellent resources and great webinars.
- Tri-County Beekeepers
- U of I - Robinson Laboratory - Bee Research Publication Papers
Selected papers from the Robinson Lab on topics such as sociogenomics, dance language, nutritional influences on social behavior, reviews, chemical ecology, behavioral neuroscience, division of labor, evolutionary genetics, systems biology of social behavior, and colony collapse disorder.
- Univ of Illinois - Robinson Laboratory - honeybee research
Research areas, publications, and useful links for everyone.