- About This Program
- 4-H Club Reports
- 4-H Clubs in Ogle County
- 4-H Fair Award Winners
- 4-H Hotline (newsletter)
- 4-H Membership Agreement (contract)
- 4-H Record Keeping & Awards
- 4-H Scholarship & Award Opportunities
- 4-H Shooting Sports
- Blue Ribbon Livestock Auction
- Club of the Year
- Illinois State Fair
- Ogle County 4-H Fair
- Ogle County 4-H Fairbook
- Ogle County 4-H Foundation & Stan Eden 4-H Scholarship
- Ogle County Drill Team
- Resources for Leaders
- Resources for Members - Club Officers
- Resources for Members - Junior Leaders
- Winter with a Master Gardener!
Register by February 8, 2018
Online Forms and Surveys
Program Coordinator, 4-H and Youth Development
University of Illinois Extension
421 W Pines Rd, Ste 10
Oregon, IL 61061
Johnna B. Jennings
Extension Educator, 4-H Youth Development
University of Illinois Extension
1350 West Prairie Drive
Sycamore, IL 60178-3166
Ogle County 4-H
Ogle County 4-H Fair
This annual event showcases 4-Hers' project work.
The 2017 Ogle County 4-H Fair will be held August 2 thru 6 in conjunction with the Ogle County Fair at the fairgrounds in Oregon.
- Dog Show - July 8
- Clothing Day - July 22
- General Projects Day - July 29
- Quality Meats Judging - July 31
- Cat Show - July 31
- Foods, Horticulture, Crops, and Cloverbud Judging - August 1
- Blue Ribbon Livestock Auction - August 5
- Master Showmanship Contest - August 5
- 4-H Exhibit Report
This form is for 4-Hers who will NOT be at judging with their project.
- 4-H Horse Lease Agreement
Any 4-Her planning on showing horses at the 4-H fair must turn in Lease Agreements or Ownership Forms by May 1st.
- Cat Certficate of Vaccination/Examination
- Creating Posters for 4-H Shows
Tips on creating great posters!
- Foods Exhibits - Planning a Healthy Menu
4-H members showing a foods exhibit will find this website helpful when they are creating their menus.
- Illinois 4-H Clover Challenge Agreement
- Ogle County 4-H Fair Fashion Revue Information
For use at Clothing Judging.
- Ogle County Fair Website
- Photgraphy Model Release
This form is for use by 4-H Photography exhibitors who have included other individuals in the photographs they have on display.
- Pork Quality Assurance (PQA)
In order to be eligible to exhibit and sell your 4-H swine project at the county fair and Blue Ribbon Livestock Auction, all youth must become Pork Quality Assurance (PQA) certified. This is also a requirement for participation at the Illinois State Fair. This rule was implemented by the National Pork Producers as a way of making sure swine producers were educated on the health and safety practices necessary to raise a good quality market hog. Currently packing plants and buying stations are not accepting pigs from individuals without PQA certification. In order to help certify youth in this program the Pork Board has now created an online training youth may take, instead of attending a in person workshop. This new site is very interactive with a lot of “click and drag” activities.
- Preparing Vegetables for Show
- Quality Assurance and Ethics Certification (QAEC)
ALL 4-H Youth enrolled in a animal project area will be required to complete this online course one time to stay enrolled in an animal project area. This rule applies to 4-H members who exhibit live animals AND poster exhibits. The certification must be done if you are enrolled in one of the following projects: beef, dairy, cats, dogs, goats, horses, poultry, rabbits, sheep, and swine. Members who don't complete the certification before May 1st will be removed from the project and not be allowed to show. Anyone who has already taken the certification does not need to retake the test. The local office has a list of those already certified.
- YouTube Video Series – Preparing Vegetables for Exhibition
Jim Schmidt, Extension Specialist, Horticulture has produced 10 videos including: Preparing Eggplant for Exhibition, Preparing Potatoes for Exhibition, Preparing Vegetables for Exhibition, Preparing Cabbage for Exhibition, Preparing Corn for Exhibition, Preparing a Market Basket for Exhibition, Preparing Tomatoes for Exhibition, Preparing Peppers for Exhibition, Preparing Green Beans for Exhibition, and Preparing Carrots and Beets for Exhibition. These will be excellent resources for 4-H members to learn techniques to use in showing their produce.