- It's National Diabetes Awareness Month! Are you following your meal plan?
- It's National Diabetes Awareness Month! Do you know your ABC's?
- It's National Diabetes Awareness Month! What are the types of Diabetes?
- Enjoy the season of Fall actively!
- DASH, Mediterranean and now the MIND Diet!
- Cooking Meals at Home!
- Why test your pressure canner gauge each year?
- November 2017 (3)
- October 2017 (2)
- August 2017 (4)
- April 2017 (2)
- March 2017 (1)
- February 2017 (6)
- July 2016 (3)
- June 2016 (5)
26 Total Posts
follow our RSS feed
Monday, April 24, 2017
Typically, we do not cook with fresh herbs as we would spinach or kale. But, just like any other leafy green, herbs increase the nutrition density of our daily diet. Pesto includes healthy, leafy greens, usually basil. Leafy greens contain vitamins A, C, K and have both antioxidant and anti-inflammatory capabilities. Fresh herbs like basil also add delicious flavors to meals and allow for the use...
Monday, April 10, 2017
Enjoy eggs this week! Eggs are so versatile; eat them for breakfast, lunch or dinner. If you are wondering what to make for dinner this week, University of Illinois Extension suggests something made with eggs. Turn your typical morning recipes into delicious, quick and easy dinners. Try an omelet with a twist; add feta cheese, spinach, and tomato slices. How about a delicious q...