- It's National Diabetes Awareness Month! Are you following your meal plan?
- It's National Diabetes Awareness Month! Do you know your ABC's?
- It's National Diabetes Awareness Month! What are the types of Diabetes?
- Enjoy the season of Fall actively!
- DASH, Mediterranean and now the MIND Diet!
- Cooking Meals at Home!
- Why test your pressure canner gauge each year?
- November 2017 (3)
- October 2017 (2)
- August 2017 (4)
- April 2017 (2)
- March 2017 (1)
- February 2017 (6)
- July 2016 (3)
- June 2016 (5)
26 Total Posts
follow our RSS feed
Monday, August 7, 2017
According to Rutgers Cooperative Extension, over the past few decades, Americans have been eating out more and cooking at home less often. If you have lost the zeal for cooking meals at home, don't fret! Have fun in the kitchen again! As summer changes to fall, set a goal to get back into your kitchen. Start by cooking at home two to three times a week. You will automatically enjoy the health b...
Wednesday, August 2, 2017
It's food preservation season! With all the work it takes to preserve garden foods, make sure you are off to successful canning season; get your pressure canner gauge tested. Reason for testing ; pressure canning is for low-acid foods. Low-acid foods include red meats, fish, poultry, and all vegetables, except for most tomatoes. Low-acid foods can suppo...