- It's National Diabetes Awareness Month! Are you following your meal plan?
- It's National Diabetes Awareness Month! Do you know your ABC's?
- It's National Diabetes Awareness Month! What are the types of Diabetes?
- Enjoy the season of Fall actively!
- DASH, Mediterranean and now the MIND Diet!
- Cooking Meals at Home!
- Why test your pressure canner gauge each year?
- November 2017 (3)
- October 2017 (2)
- August 2017 (4)
- April 2017 (2)
- March 2017 (1)
- February 2017 (6)
- July 2016 (3)
- June 2016 (5)
26 Total Posts
follow our RSS feed
Wednesday, August 2, 2017
It's food preservation season! With all the work it takes to preserve garden foods, make sure you are off to successful canning season; get your pressure canner gauge tested. Reason for testing ; pressure canning is for low-acid foods. Low-acid foods include red meats, fish, poultry, and all vegetables, except for most tomatoes. Low-acid foods can suppo...
Monday, April 10, 2017
Enjoy eggs this week! Eggs are so versatile; eat them for breakfast, lunch or dinner. If you are wondering what to make for dinner this week, University of Illinois Extension suggests something made with eggs. Turn your typical morning recipes into delicious, quick and easy dinners. Try an omelet with a twist; add feta cheese, spinach, and tomato slices. How about a delicious q...
Thursday, June 9, 2016
You don't want to invite this guest to your next BBQ – Bacteria. Bacteria love hot weather and summertime parties! Follow these grilling and food safety rules to ensure you stay food-safe this season. Here are some grilling and BBQ food safety tips! For grilling: Begin with a clean grill, clean grates with a scraper or wire brush...