- It's National Diabetes Awareness Month! Are you following your meal plan?
- It's National Diabetes Awareness Month! Do you know your ABC's?
- It's National Diabetes Awareness Month! What are the types of Diabetes?
- Enjoy the season of Fall actively!
- DASH, Mediterranean and now the MIND Diet!
- Cooking Meals at Home!
- Why test your pressure canner gauge each year?
- November 2017 (3)
- October 2017 (2)
- August 2017 (4)
- April 2017 (2)
- March 2017 (1)
- February 2017 (6)
- July 2016 (3)
- June 2016 (5)
26 Total Posts
follow our RSS feed
Saturday, October 7, 2017
DASH, Mediterranean and now the MIND Diet!
A new diet, known as the MIND diet, could significantly lower a person's risk of developing Alzheimer's disease, according to a paper published in March in the journal Alzheimer's & Dementia: The Journal of the Alzheimer's Association.
The MIND diet has 15 dietary components, including 10 "brain-healthy food groups" — green leafy vegetables, other vegetables, nuts, berries, beans, whole grains, fish, poultry, olive oil and wine — and five unhealthy groups that comprise red meats, butter and stick margarine, cheese, pastries and sweets, and fried or fast food.
Try our Strawberries with Cinnamon Sauce recipe from Let's Eat for Health, Illinois! (idea; substitute strawberries with other berries like blueberries, raspberries.) access this recipe at Let's Eat for Health, Illinois: https://web.extension.illinois.edu/IN…/recipes-new/view.php…
To learn more about the MIND diet, check out: