To enable people to improve their lives and communities through
learning partnerships that put knowledge to work.
As Extension professionals, we are dedicated to the following
organizational values —
- We believe in providing excellence in educational programming.
- We believe in providing accessible programs that help
people solve problems.
- We believe in useful, practical programs.
- We believe in creating value for people.
- We believe in quick responses to customers’ concerns.
- We believe in providing unbiased information.
- We believe in establishing credibility with customers.
As Extension professionals, we —
Focus on critical economic,
environmental, leadership, youth, and family development issues.
Engage people in lifelong learning.
Address emerging needs by developing
programs that anticipate social, economic, and policy changes.
Apply valid, reliable research and information.
Bring together and extend University of Illinois resources.
Maximize resources by initiating
and organizing community coalitions.
Educate without discrimination
and employ people representing the diversity in the state’s
Recruit and develop volunteers to multiply Extension’s
Teach with appropriate and effective educational
techniques and methods.
Value teamwork, recognizing and supporting the
contributions of others.