Please click a category to view the included resources.
Extension Educator, Local Food Systems and Small Farms
University of Illinois Extension
122 S Walnut St
Arthur, IL 61911
Local Food Systems and Small Farms
2012 Local Food Systems and Small Farm Webinars
- Small Farm Webinar - Companion Planting
Jeff Kindhart describes the use of companion plantings in small farm systems.
- Small Farm Webinar - Forest Management Planning
Dave Shiley describes forest management and the importance of having a plan on small acreage.
- Small Farm Webinar - Poultry Nutrition and Health
Webinar presented by Dr. Ken Koelkebeck
- Small Farm Webinar - Raising Sheep and Goats
Webinar discusses raising sheep and goats on small acreage.
- Small Farm Webinar - Season Extension with High Tunnels
The use of high tunnels to extend the growing season for vegetable producers is presented by Chris Konieczka and Kyle Cecil.
- Small Farm Webinar- Soil Science
The basics of soil science are presented by Extension Educator, Matt Montgomery.
- Small Farm Webinar-Are You Farm to School Ready
This webinar describes the farm to school program related to local vegetable and fruit producers.
- Small Farm Webinar-Common Garden Insect Pests
Insect identification and management
- Small Farm Webinar-Pature Management