We will be covering the following areas: Showmanship, Clipping for Show, Hoof Trimming, and Nutrition/Care of Goat. Guest speakers: Advance Veterinary Care, South Central FS, and Goat Judges.
Explore Local Programs
- 4-H in Clay County
- 4-H in Effingham County
- 4-H in Fayette County
- 4-H in Jasper County
- Effingham County Master Gardeners
- Fayette County Master Gardeners
- Local Government Training
- Small Business Development/Entrepreneurship
- Unit 21 Extension Council
- Unit 21 Plan of Work
- Illinois Nutrition Education Programs
- Effingham County 4-H Skating Party
Register by March 2, 2017
- Moth Orchids - Start an Orchid Odyssey 6:30 PM Session
Register by March 7, 2017
- Moth Orchids - Start an Orchid Odyssey 1:30 PM Session
Register by March 8, 2017
- Effingham County Cookie Decorating Workshop
Register by March 11, 2017
- 4-H Small Engines/Lawn Mower/Tractor Safety School in Effingham County
Register by March 21, 2017
- Private Pesticide Applicator TESTING ONLY
Register by March 23, 2017
- Effingham County 4-H Goat Clinic
Register by April 15, 2017
Online Forms and Surveys
Master Gardener Training
January 24-April 11, 2017
Effingham County 4-H Skating Party
March 5, 2017
Moth Orchids - Start an Orchid Odyssey 1:30 PM Session
March 7, 2017
- View Full Calendar >>
Read the Latest News
- » Hooves and Horns Blog
All things livestock and equine...get nutrition, management, animal health and industry updates.
- Crop, Stock and Ledger
Crop, Stock and Ledger covers a variety of agricultural and natural resources issues.
- The Homeowners Column
Sandy Mason's Homeowners Column discusses hot topics in the home landscape each week.
- Weekly Ag Update
Enjoy Locally Grown Foods
- Clay/Effingham/Fayette/Jasper Unit E-News
Monthly News from the Clay,Effingham,Fayette and Jasper Counties.
- Extension in Action
Extension in Action is published by the Joint Council of Extension Professionals -- a collaboration of University of Illinois Extension employee associations.
- 2015 Fayette County 4-H General Projects
- 2015 Fayette County 4-H Dog and Cat Shows
- 2015 Fayette County 4-H Dairy Show
- 2015 Fayette County 4-H Horse Show
- 2015 Fayette County 4-H Swine Show
- 2015 Fayette County 4-H Sheep Show
- 2015 Fayette County 4-H Goat Show
- 2015 Vandalia Welcome to the Real World
- 2015 Volunteer Breakfast-Clay County
- Afterschool Adventures
- Fayette County Sew Simple Workshop
- Fayette County Shooting Sports
- Jasper 4-H Skating Party
- Jasper County 4-H Ambassadors
- Jasper County Camp Cloverbud
- Mini Lock In
- Vandalia's Little Garden-Garden Tour
University of Illinois Extension serving Clay, Effingham, Fayette and Jasper Counties
Main Office (Effingham County)
1209 Wenthe Drive
Effingham, IL 62401
Hours: Monday - Friday 8 am to 4:30 pm
Branch Office (Clay County)
223 W Railroad St
Flora, IL 62839
Hours: Monday-Friday, 8:00am - 4:30pm
Branch Office (Fayette County)
118 N. Sixth Street
Vandalia, IL 62471
Hours: Monday-Friday, 8:00am - 4:30pm
Branch Office (Jasper County)
Newton, IL 62448
Hours: Monday-Friday, 9:00am - 4:00pm
Join us for 4-H Day with the St. Louis Cardinals, Saturday, May 20. The Cardinals will be playing the San Francisco Giants in a 6:15 p.m. game in Busch Stadium. Click here to order your tickets today!
This workshop is for youth and adults too! Join us on Saturday, March 18 from 9 AM to Noon for the Cookie Decorating workshop. Make new friends while discovering your inner cookie artist and amaze your family and friends with your stunning creations.
What is the secret to successful aging? Register today for this free webinar on February 10, 2017 at 10 AM, at the University of Illinois Extension office in Effingham County.
The 2017 4-H Small Engines/Lawn Mower/Tractor Safety School will begin on March 7 and will run until Tuesday, April 11, 2017. The safety sessions are held each Tuesday from 6:45 PM to 8:30 PM.
Learn from University of Illinois Extension horitculture experts! The webinar classes are live and you can interact with the presenters. Afternoon sessions are offered at our office, evening sessions you may participate from the comfort of your own home!
The Small Farm Webinar Series is a weekly educational series for the small farm community.
NEEDS ASSESSMENT: University of Illinois Extension can use your help. We are interested in LEARNING your thoughts about the most important issues and opportunities in your communities. Your answers will help us to shape educational programs that help residents, businesses, and communities learn and grow. Your participation is voluntary - you may decide not to answer any of the questions or not to complete the survey at any time. The survey will take approximately 10 to 15 minutes. The answers you provide will be kept confidential. Your name will not be associated with your answers when the data are compiled. You are encouraged to ask any questions you may have about this process or survey by contacting Unit 21’s County Extension Director Carl Baker; email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or phone (217-347-7773). Click on the link to participate in the NEEDS ASSESSMENT https://illinoisaces.co1.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_a2vxYzkOFXGfqF7 Your responses are anonymous, however you choose to submit them. Thanks for your contribution to our planning process!
Recipe of the Month
Pumpkin Peanut Butter Dip
|¾ cup canned pumpkin puree|
|¾ cup peanut butter|
|1-4 Tbsp. brown sugar, to taste|
|1 tsp. vanilla|
- Mix peanut butter and brown sugar.
- Add vanilla and stir.
- Add pumpkin and stir until well blended.
- Serve with graham crackers, apple slices, or celery sticks.
Questions? Contact Jo Stine, Community Worker, SNAP-Ed at email@example.com