Mary Jo Tucker is offering you the chance to learn how you can be your dog's best friend! This workshop is open to all youth and is FREE of charge! A guest speaker from the Effingham Veterinary Clinic will speaking on the health needs for your dog.
Explore Local Programs
- 4-H in Clay County
- 4-H in Effingham County
- 4-H in Fayette County
- 4-H in Jasper County
- Effingham County Master Gardeners
- Fayette County Master Gardeners
- Local Government Training
- Small Business Development/Entrepreneurship
- Unit 21 Extension Council
- Unit 21 Plan of Work
- Illinois Nutrition Education Programs
- 4-H Barn Quilt Workshop
Register by March 20, 2018
- Annie's Project
Register by March 22, 2018
- Private Pesticide Applicator - TESTING ONLY
Register by March 25, 2018
- Geology Workshop
Register by April 9, 2018
- Jasper County PQA Training
Register by April 10, 2018
- Clay County Cupcake Decorating Workshop
Register by April 12, 2018
- 4-H Goat Clinic
Register by April 21, 2018
- Volunteer Appreciation Dinner
Register by April 27, 2018
- 4-H Dog Clinic
Register by May 5, 2018
- "Yes! You Can: Preserving Safely"
Register by May 10, 2018
Online Forms and Surveys
4-H Barn Quilt Workshop
February 19-March 20, 2018
Effingham County 4-H Small Engines/Lawn Mower/Tractor Safety School
March 15-April 19, 2018
Effingham (Effingham County)
My PI (Preparedness Initiative) Illinois
March 19, 2018
Flora (Clay County)
- View Full Calendar >>
Read the Latest News
- » Hooves and Horns Blog
All things livestock and equine...get nutrition, management, animal health and industry updates.
- » Our Illinois 4-H Story Blog
The stories of lives changed by Illinois 4-H
- Crop, Stock and Ledger
Crop, Stock and Ledger covers a variety of agricultural and natural resources issues.
- The Homeowners Column
Sandy Mason's Homeowners Column discusses hot topics in the home landscape each week.
- Weekly Ag Update
Enjoy Locally Grown Foods
- 2017 Effingham County 4-H Dairy Cattle Show
- 2017 Effingham County 4-H Cat Show
- 2017 Effingham County 4-H Rabbit Show
- 2017 Effingham County 4-H Dairy Goat Show
- 2017 Effingham County 4-H Sheep Show
- 2017 Effingham County 4-H Poultry Show
- 2017 Effingham County Master Showmanship
- 2015 Vandalia Welcome to the Real World
- 2015 Volunteer Breakfast-Clay County
- Afterschool Adventures
- Fayette County Sew Simple Workshop
- Fayette County Shooting Sports
- Jasper 4-H Skating Party
- Jasper County 4-H Ambassadors
- Jasper County Camp Cloverbud
- Mini Lock In
- Vandalia's Little Garden-Garden Tour
University of Illinois Extension serving Clay, Effingham, Fayette and Jasper Counties
1209 Wenthe Drive
Effingham, IL 62401
Hours: Monday - Friday 8 am to 4:30 pm
223 W Railroad St
Flora, IL 62839
Hours: Monday-Friday, 8:00am - 4:30pm
118 N. Sixth Street
Vandalia, IL 62471
Hours: Monday-Friday, 8:00am - 4:30pm
Newton, IL 62448
Hours: Monday-Friday, 9:00am - 4:00pm
A testing only session for Private Applicator License applicants will be held on March 27, 2018 at the University of Illilnois Extension, 1209 Wenthe Drive, Effingham IL.
This four session course is a discussion based workshop to connect women and subject matter experts. Attendees will work through the areas of keeping financial records, interpret results in low revenue times and engage in hands on activities.
Mark your calendars for Saturday, March 24 from 9 a.m. – 1 p.m. to join in for some crafting excitement!
Mark your calendars and join us for our preserving and pressure canner testing workshop to be held on March 15, 1:30 p.m.
On behalf of University of Illinois Extension and the staff serving Clay, Effingham, Fayette and Jasper Counties I want to personally thank you for your continued support.
During the past year Extension embarked on the questions of “what do we do and why does it matter?” I can answer those two questions by stating that our commitment remains strong to bring you relevant, reliable and responsive education to improve lives and economies throughout the communities we live, work and play. University of Illinois Extension continues to adapt to meet the local needs of our clientele and will continue to serve our local communities for years to come. Extension is part of the solution to the challenges we face in Illinois, and we are looking forward to addressing those challenges with our local partners.
Visit our website often for upcoming programing, calendar of events, new releases and additional research based information. I look forward to our continued relationship as we build for the future.
Recipe of the Month
3 medium potatoes
4 cup reduced sodium chicken broth
1/2 cup cooked ham, chopped
1 cup nonfat dry milk powder
1/2 cup onion, chopped
1/2 cup corn
1. Wash potatoes and peel.
2. Cut potatoes into 1-inch cubes. Place in large pot.
3. Add broth to pan and bring to boil. Partially cover pot with lid and simmer 20 minutes or until potatoes are tender but not mushy.
4. Add ham, dry milk powder, onion, and corn to the pot.
5. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
6. Serve hot.
Nutrition Facts Servings per Recipe: 4.00 Calories 250.00 Fat 2.50 g Sodium 550.00 mg Total Carbohydrates 39.00 g Fiber 4.00 g Protein 17.00 g
Questions? Contact Erin Maxwell, Community Worker, SNAP-Ed at firstname.lastname@example.org
No Upcoming Extension Meetings.