University of Illinois Extension serving Clay, Effingham, Fayette and Jasper Counties
Main Office (Effingham County)
1209 Wenthe Drive
Effingham, IL 62401
Hours: Monday - Friday 8 am to 4:30 pm
Branch Office (Clay County)
223 W Railroad St
Flora, IL 62839
Hours: Monday-Thursday, 8:00am - 4:30pm
Branch Office (Fayette County)
118 N. Sixth Street
Vandalia, IL 62471
Hours: Wednesday-Friday, 8:00am - 4:30pm
Branch Office (Jasper County)
Newton, IL 62448
Hours: Monday-Friday, 9:00am - 4:00pm
Thank you for visiting our website. University of Illinois Extension is the link between the University and all of our friends and neighbors in Clay, Effingham, Fayette and Jasper counties. Extension staff offer practical, research-based education to help area residents improve their lives and communities through learning partnerships that put knowledge to work. Please contact us at the local Extension office with questions or to learn more about these educational or leadership opportunities. We also encourage you to add our site to your favorites list.
10 cherry tomatoes or 2 large tomatoes, sliced
1 large sweet onion, sliced
2 large sweet peppers (green, red or yellow) cut in chunks
½ cup vinegar
¼ cup cooking oil
1 clove garlic or 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
½ tsp. dried basil
½ tsp. thyme
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Rinse vegetables and prepare for marinade.
2. In a large plastic bag or plastic container combine vinegar, oil, garlic, basil, and thyme.
3. Add vegetables and mix well to coat vegetables.
4. Seal bag or container and refrigerate for 1 hour or overnight.
5. Drain vegetables and save marinate.
6. Vegetables can be grilled in a grilling basket, on skewers, or wrapped in foil. Keep vegetables about 4-6 inches from the heat source. Keep vegetables from extreme high temperatures.
7. Add more marinate to vegetables as they cook.
8. Cook about 5 minutes and turn vegetables.
9. Cook 5 minutes longer or until the vegetables are tender.Nutrition Facts (per serving) - Calories 120 ~ fat 10 g ~ calories from fat 82 ~ sodium 6 mg ~ total carbohydrate 8 g ~ fiber 2 >
Questions? Contact Jo Stine, Community Worker, SNAP-Ed at email@example.com
No Upcoming Extension Meetings.