The annual 4-H Discover Chicago Trip will take place over the Columbus Day Weekend, 2017. Highlights Include:Shedd Aquarium, The Hancock Building, Field Museum, and the Museum of Science & Industry.
Explore Local Programs
- 4-H in Clay County
- 4-H in Effingham County
- 4-H in Fayette County
- 4-H in Jasper County
- Effingham County Master Gardeners
- Fayette County Master Gardeners
- Local Government Training
- Small Business Development/Entrepreneurship
- Unit 21 Extension Council
- Unit 21 Plan of Work
- Illinois Nutrition Education Programs
- Young Bladez 4-H Club
Register by July 24, 2017
- Food Service Sanitation Manager Certification Class and Exam
Register by July 25, 2017
- Jasper County Hunter Safety Course
Register by August 19, 2017
Online Forms and Surveys
Effingham County Dog Obedience Classes (Youth Only)
April 11-July 25, 2017
4-H General Projects Exhibition
August 3, 2017
2017 Effingham County 4-H Boer Goat Show
August 5, 2017
- View Full Calendar >>
Read the Latest News
- » Hooves and Horns Blog
All things livestock and equine...get nutrition, management, animal health and industry updates.
- Crop, Stock and Ledger
Crop, Stock and Ledger covers a variety of agricultural and natural resources issues.
- The Homeowners Column
Sandy Mason's Homeowners Column discusses hot topics in the home landscape each week.
- Weekly Ag Update
Enjoy Locally Grown Foods
- Clay/Effingham/Fayette/Jasper Unit E-News
Monthly News from the Clay,Effingham,Fayette and Jasper Counties.
- Extension in Action
Extension in Action is published by the Joint Council of Extension Professionals -- a collaboration of University of Illinois Extension employee associations.
- 2015 Fayette County 4-H General Projects
- 2015 Fayette County 4-H Dog and Cat Shows
- 2015 Fayette County 4-H Dairy Show
- 2015 Fayette County 4-H Horse Show
- 2015 Fayette County 4-H Swine Show
- 2015 Fayette County 4-H Sheep Show
- 2015 Fayette County 4-H Goat Show
- 2015 Vandalia Welcome to the Real World
- 2015 Volunteer Breakfast-Clay County
- Afterschool Adventures
- Fayette County Sew Simple Workshop
- Fayette County Shooting Sports
- Jasper 4-H Skating Party
- Jasper County 4-H Ambassadors
- Jasper County Camp Cloverbud
- Mini Lock In
- Vandalia's Little Garden-Garden Tour
University of Illinois Extension serving Clay, Effingham, Fayette and Jasper Counties
Main Office (Effingham County)
1209 Wenthe Drive
Effingham, IL 62401
Hours: Monday - Friday 8 am to 4:30 pm
Branch Office (Clay County)
223 W Railroad St
Flora, IL 62839
Hours: Monday-Friday, 8:00am - 4:30pm
Branch Office (Fayette County)
118 N. Sixth Street
Vandalia, IL 62471
Hours: Monday-Friday, 8:00am - 4:30pm
Branch Office (Jasper County)
Newton, IL 62448
Hours: Monday-Friday, 9:00am - 4:00pm
NEEDS ASSESSMENT: University of Illinois Extension can use your help. We are interested in LEARNING your thoughts about the most important issues and opportunities in your communities. Your answers will help us to shape educational programs that help residents, businesses, and communities learn and grow. Your participation is voluntary - you may decide not to answer any of the questions or not to complete the survey at any time. The survey will take approximately 10 to 15 minutes. The answers you provide will be kept confidential. Your name will not be associated with your answers when the data are compiled. You are encouraged to ask any questions you may have about this process or survey by contacting Unit 21’s County Extension Director Carl Baker; email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or phone (217-347-7773). Click on the link to participate in the NEEDS ASSESSMENT https://illinoisaces.co1.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_a2vxYzkOFXGfqF7 Your responses are anonymous, however you choose to submit them. Thanks for your contribution to our planning process!
Recipe of the Month
|1 8-inch flour tortilla|
|1 Tbsp. low-fat cream cheese, softened|
|½ tsp. honey or sugar|
½ cup strawberries, chopped
- Microwave tortilla for 10 - 20 seconds, just until slightly warm.
- Mix together cream cheese and honey/sugar in a small bowl.
- Spread cream cheese and honey mixture on tortilla.
- Top cream cheese with strawberries.
- Roll tortilla and serve.
Nutrition FactsServings per Recipe: 1 servings
Amount Per Serving Calories 220 Fat 6g Sodium 490mg
Total carbohydrate 35g Fiber 3g Protein 7g
Questions? Contact Jo Stine, Community Worker, SNAP-Ed at email@example.com
No Upcoming Extension Meetings.