University of Illinois Extension serving Clay, Effingham, Fayette and Jasper Counties
Main Office (Effingham County)
1209 Wenthe Drive
Effingham, IL 62401
Hours: Monday - Friday 8 am to 4:30 pm
Branch Office (Clay County)
223 W Railroad St
Flora, IL 62839
Hours: Monday-Thursday, 8:00am - 4:30pm
Branch Office (Fayette County)
118 N. Sixth Street
Vandalia, IL 62471
Hours: Wednesday-Friday, 8:00am - 4:30pm
Branch Office (Jasper County)
Newton, IL 62448
Hours: Monday-Friday, 9:00am - 4:00pm
Thank you for visiting our website. University of Illinois Extension is the link between the University and all of our friends and neighbors in Clay, Effingham, Fayette and Jasper counties. Extension staff offer practical, research-based education to help area residents improve their lives and communities through learning partnerships that put knowledge to work. Please contact us at the local Extension office with questions or to learn more about these educational or leadership opportunities. We also encourage you to add our site to your favorites list.
6 cups apples, peeled and sliced
1 Tbsp. lemon juice
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup flour
1/4 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 cup butter
2/3 cup romano cheese, grated
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Place apple slices in an 8 x 8 inch pan.
3. Sprinkle apples with lemon juice and half of the sugar.
4. In a small bowl, mix the remaining sugar, flour and cinnamon.
5. Add the butter and mix well.
6. Add the cheese and mix well.
7. Sprinkle the flour-cheese mixture evenly over the apples.
8. Bake for 45 minutes or until apples are soft.
9. Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
Nutrition Facts (per serving) - Calories 200 ~ fat 8 g ~ calories from fat 70 ~ sodium 200 mg ~ total carbohydrate 29 g ~ fiber 1
Questions? Contact Erin Maxwell, Community Worker, SNAP-Ed at email@example.com
No Upcoming Extension Meetings.