- About This Program
- 2017-2018 Champaign County Project Information and Summer Show Guide
- 4-H Camp
- 4-H Medical and Photo Release Forms
- 4-H Online Information
- 4-H Project Scoresheets
- Champaign County 4-H Federation
- Champaign County Awards & Scholarships
- Champaign County Club Listing
- Champaign County E-Newsletter
- Champaign County Record Book Forms
- Club Resources: Fiscal Responsibilities
- Club Resources: Secretary & Treasurer Books
- Guidelines for Using the 4-H Name & Emblem
- Help for 4-H Club Leaders
- Help for New 4-H Club Members
- Help for Your 4-H Club Meetings
- 4-H Grows through Volunteers
Register by November 30, 2017
- 4-H Federation December Meeting
Register by December 8, 2017
- Champaign Co. 4-H Pizza with the Presidents (and VP's too!)
Register by December 18, 2017
Extension Educator, 4-H Youth Development
University of Illinois Extension
801 North Country Fair Drive
Champaign, IL 61821
Champaign County 4-H
What is 4-H?
4-H is the nation’s largest youth development organization focusing on leadership, citizenship, and life skills. University of Illinois Extension provides 4-H programs in every county in Illinois. Illinois 4-H impacts the lives of 200,000 youth each year through sustained learning clubs and groups and short-term programming.
What are the different you ways you can join?
- You can join in a “traditional” community club
- Kids can also join a 4-H SPIN Club. SPIN Clubs are special interest clubs that focus on areas, such as, gardening, robotics, shooting sports, etc.
What do you do in 4-H?
- Kids first join a club that is close to where they live.
- These clubs meet once a month at a specific location (i.e., church, community bldg.)
- The meetings last usually about one hour.
- Kids use parliamentary procedure to discuss different ideas, plan trips, and community service events. A snack and a game are usually provided at the meetings as well.
- 4-H Members are allowed to enroll in different 4-H projects ranging from Aerospace to Cooking to Wildlife.
- Members are given a project book which will help them learn more about the topic.
- Kids have a chance to show their projects at the County Fairs.
Who should I contact to get more information?
Jamie Boas, Extension Educator
Call 217-333-7672 or fill out the form here.