- About This Program
- 1. What is a Master Naturalist?
- 2. How do I Become One?
- 3. Our Sponsors
- 4. Our Partners
- 5. Our Organization
- 6. Volunteer and Education Opportunities
- 7. Current Projects
- 7a. Ash Tree Surveys
- 8. Success Stories
- 9. Training Materials
- Calendar of Events
- Field Notes Newsletter
- Forms and Downloads
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Online Volunteer Hour Reporting System
- Useful References
- ECIMN Field Trip to Wildlife Prairie Park (Registration open to Master Naturalists or Master Gardeners only)
Register by May 1, 2018
- Illinois Invasive Species Symposium
Register by May 21, 2018
Online Forms and Surveys
Read the Latest News
- A Nature Journal Blog
Experience the natural world with east central Illinois master naturalists
- The Garden Scoop Blog
The Garden Scoop is a collection of reflections about the Master Gardeners in Champaign, Ford, Iroquois, and Vermilion.
- Crop, Stock and Ledger
Crop, Stock and Ledger covers a variety of agricultural and natural resources issues.
Extension Educator, Horticulture
University of Illinois Extension
801 North Country Fair Drive
Champaign, IL 61821
East Central Illinois Master Naturalists
5. Our Organization
The East-Central Illinois Master Naturalist (ECIMN) program is sponsored by the University of Illinois Extension Champaign County, Champaign County Forest Preserve District, and Urbana Park District. All funds are maintained by University of Illinois Extension.
The geographic area covered by the ECIMN organization is: Champaign, Ford, Iroquois, and Vermilion counties.
The ECIMN organization is led by an Advisory Board which controls the property and business of organization and determines its policies. Board Officers are President, Vice-President, Secretary, and Treasurer, each elected for one-year terms by the membership of the Advisory Board. The Advisory Board has 12 members. Nine will serve three-year terms with one third (1/3) of the Advisory Board being elected each year. Three advisory Board members will be appointed by Sponsor organizations. The ECIMN organization has documented goals, policies, and bylaws.
The Advisory Board Executive Committee members for 2017 are:
- President - Roger Inman
- Vice President - Allan Penwell
- Treasurer - Teresa DeWitt
- Secretary - Mary Long
Additional Advisory Board members
- Cahty Barnard
- Jim Hamilton
- Larry Mayes
- Fred Newport
- Alan Penwell
- Cinda Pettigrew
Sponsoring Agency Advisory Board members:
- Kristin Tetzlaff, Champaign County Forest Preserve, http://www.ccfpd.org/
- Matt Balk, Urbana Park District, http://www.urbanaparks.org/
- Sandy Mason, U of I Extension, 217-333-7672
The Advisory Board meets at least quarterly during the year. An annual meeting of the members is held during the month of November each year for the purpose of electing Advisory Board members as well as other business. To so the annual meeting presentation, click HERE. The minutes of the Advisory Board meetings are available to members by request to the Secretary.
The Advisory Board may create committees as necessary to carry on the work of the organization with the chair appointed by the President. Standing committees shall be Executive, Finance, Education, Membership, Volunteer, and Communication.
The committee, subcommittee and project chairs for 2017 are:
- Bylaws - TBD
- Communications - Hilary Valentine
- Publicity - Carol Steinman/Cathy Inman
- Field Notes Newsletter/Facebook - Hilary Valentine
- Publication Review - John Beck
- Weekly Announcements - John Palen/Diane Wilhite
- Website - ECIMN Coordinator
- Finance - Teresa DeWitt
- Membership/Volunteer - TBD
- Programs & Continuing Ed - Karen Kane/Mary Long
- Library - Juliana Collier
- Ash Tree Inventory - Carl Altstetter
- Blue Bird Boxes - Jackie Roy
- School Prairies - Jim Hamilton/Gary Russell
Read our Annual Report for 2016