- About This Program
- 1. What is a Master Naturalist?
- 2. How do I Become One?
- 3. Our Sponsors
- 4. Our Partners
- 5. Our Organization
- 6. Volunteer and Education Opportunities
- 7. Current Projects
- 7a. Ash Tree Surveys
- 8. Success Stories
- 9. Training Materials
- Calendar of Events
- Field Notes Newsletter
- Forms and Downloads
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Online Volunteer Hour Reporting System
- Useful References
- ECIMN Field Trip to Wildlife Prairie Park (Registration open to Master Naturalists or Master Gardeners only)
Register by May 1, 2018
- Illinois Invasive Species Symposium
Register by May 21, 2018
Online Forms and Surveys
Read the Latest News
- A Nature Journal Blog
Experience the natural world with east central Illinois master naturalists
- The Garden Scoop Blog
The Garden Scoop is a collection of reflections about the Master Gardeners in Champaign, Ford, Iroquois, and Vermilion.
- Crop, Stock and Ledger
Crop, Stock and Ledger covers a variety of agricultural and natural resources issues.
Extension Educator, Horticulture
University of Illinois Extension
801 North Country Fair Drive
Champaign, IL 61821
East Central Illinois Master Naturalists
Online Volunteer Hour Reporting System
Use the online reporting system to report Master Naturalist volunteer and continuing education hours. You may want to bookmark this link for easy access. Be sure to log your hours as soon as you earn them.
It is the responsibility of each Master Naturalist to record their volunteer hours. Please enter accurate total hours per activity for the year. This information is shared with both sponsors and partners. Reporting time allows ECIMN to quantify benefits to our sponsors and partners. It also helps them with planning and budgeting. So the key is to report hours to the right organization or location. Some sponsors require more detailed information than others.
Required Hours for Interns:
- 60 volunteer hours on approved projects
*Interns do not need continuing education hours, but are welcome to attend any educational programs. These hours do not count towards completion of internship.
Required Hours for Active MNs:
- 10 hours of continuing education
- 30 hours of volunteer service in approved projects
Tips for entering time:
- For directions on how to log on to the Volunteer Hour Reporting Ststem, please reference this fact sheet.
- Use the SEARCH BOX at the top to quickly find an activity
- Combine hours across days for a single activity to reduce the number of entries
Example: Trail Stewardship is performed on 2/15, 3/15, and 4/15 for 2 hrs each
Rather than make 3 entries for 3 different days, make a single entry on 4/15 for 6 hours and include a note that says "trail stewardship for Feb, Mar, and Apr".
Contact Ryan Pankau, email@example.com, with any questions.