- CHRISTIAN COUNTY Chickens in the Classroom Teacher Registration 2017-2018 School Year
Register by April 3, 2018
- Subscribe to receive FREE issues of Extension Connections Magazine
Register by February 10, 2021
Read the Latest News
- Extension Connections
Our seasonal magazine highlighting the best of Unit 18 Programs, as well as helpful articles for better living.
Program Coordinator, Agriculture Literacy
University of Illinois Extension
1120 N Webster St.
Taylorville, IL 62568
Christian County Ag Literacy
Christian County Agricultural Literacy program provides...
- classroom programs for students (K-12) upon request on various agricultural topics such as plants and seeds, soils, water, careers, renewable resources, corn, soybeans, wheat, animal nutrition, agricultural products, fiber/clothing, insects, beef, dairy, pork, embryology, apples, pumpkins, agricultural economics and marketing, biotechnology, genetics, and watersheds
- many free or free-loan resources for schools (hands-on learning kits, lessons on various agricultural topics, books, videos)
- inservices/workshops for educators in which they earn Professional Development Hours
- networking with other agricultural education people to strengthen agricultural literacy efforts statewide and nationally
Free-Loan Hands-on Learning Resources:
These kits are ideally designed for (but not limited to) Grades K-4 to provide a selection of activities and necessary supplies to teach about the chosen topic or theme while addressing Illinois Learning Standards across all subject areas. They are intended to be "resource materials" kits. While some hands-on supplies are provided, because of the number of activities included in the various books and guides within each kit, such supplies are only included to complete some of the lessons. Each kit comes with a teacher's guide, video, books, and lots of other resources. These kits are available on a free-loan basis.
Abracadabra! Alohamora! Open the doors ..... of active discovery and watch your students explore the depths of the Agriculture Industry. The lessins in the mAGic kits are multidisciplinary, all inclusive, and designed to bring math, science, social studies and language arts to life through agriculture. The mAGic kits address the Illinois Learning Standards and the assessment frameworks are identified. The lessons include exercises ideally designed for (but not limited to) Grades 4-8in mapping, graphing, sequencing, reading, writing, experimentation, research and much more. These kits are available on a free-loan basis. Kits may be reserved in advance.
*To see available kits and a detailed table of contents with student objectives, click on Borrow Hands-on Learning Resources
For more information, please contact Charlotte Schuricht, Agricultural Literacy Program Coordinator at the University of Illinois Extension-Christian County at (217)287-7246 or firstname.lastname@example.org