- CHRISTIAN COUNTY Chickens in the Classroom Teacher Registration 2017-2018 School Year
Register by February 24, 2018
- TAYLORVILLE Plant and Soil Science Educator Workshop-March 8, 2018
Register by March 1, 2018
- Subscribe to receive FREE issues of Extension Connections Magazine
Register by February 10, 2021
Read the Latest News
- Extension Connections
Our seasonal magazine highlighting the best of Unit 18 Programs, as well as helpful articles for better living.
Program Coordinator, Agriculture Literacy
University of Illinois Extension
1120 N Webster St.
Taylorville, IL 62568
Christian County Ag Literacy
Lessons and Activities
- A Rafter of Turkeys
Students will learn about the domestication and life cycle of the turkey, recognize how turkeys are raised on farms, and identify turkey products.
- Illinois Crops By County
- Illinois History & Agriculture
Materials we used during the institute
- Let's Get Growing!
- Math Ag-tivities
Math materials we used during institute
- Rainbow Fruits & Veggies
- State Symbols Activity
- The 3 Sisters
Materials we used during the Ag Institute
- The Geography of Thanksgiving Dinner
In this lesson students will identify common Thanksgiving foods and their farm source, determine if those foods can be produced locally, and locate the common origins of their Thanksgiving Day dinner.