Explore Local Programs
- Private Pesticide Applicator Test - Carlinville February 21, 2018
Register by February 20, 2018
- Subscribe to receive FREE issues of Extension Connections Magazine
Register by February 10, 2021
Read the Latest News
- Extension Connections
Our seasonal magazine highlighting the best of Unit 18 Programs, as well as helpful articles for better living.
- Macoupin County Ag Literacy Newsletter
- Unit 18 Agricultural and Natural Resources Newsletter
- Can corn prices get above the current range?
- USDA reports provide some surprises
- Prebiotics in infant formula could improve learning and memory and alter brain chemistry
- Updating corn and soybean export pace
- 2018 Crop Management Conferences
- Juggling bills may be key at-risk indicator for food insecurity
- Registration open for small farm winter webinar series
- 2018 IL Dairy Summit
- Corn use for ethanol update
- New study identifies genetic basis for western corn rootworm resistance in maize
- Study shows differences in energy digestibility between sows and gilts
- Current corn price prospects
- Timing of Fall Nitrogen
- USDA funds participatory organic corn breeding and testing network initiative at Illinois with $2 million
- Moving forward after October reports in corn and soybeans
- Pork industry’s sustainable expansion
- Sept. 1 grain stocks estimate provide muted support for prices
- Illinois corn and soybean harvest considerations
- Corn and soybean production outlook in 2017-18
- The time is RIPE to transform agriculture and feed the world
- Soybean consumption finishes strong in 2016-17
- Calcium to phosphorus ratio in pig diets established by new study
- Adding commercial soy in developing countries brings unique challenges
- Cattle on feed inventory remains above a year ago
- 2017 Montgomery County Yield Survey Results Are In
- Assessing the prospects for 2017 corn production
- Trees and shrubs offer new food crops to diversify the farm
- Corn and soybean yield forecasts larger than expected
- AgrAbility Unlimited to coordinate health and safety tent at Farm Progress Show
- Climate change may confuse plant dormancy cycles
- Old-crop soybean consumption and weather
- New system could remove two water pollutants from ag fields
- Farm-to-Walmart fresh produce in China has unexpected middlemen, provides risk protection for farmers
- Increase in US calf crop points toward larger beef supplies in 2018-19
- Feed intake study in beef cattle could lead to more efficient breeds
- June 30 stocks and acreage reports implications for corn and soybeans
- New field entomologist joins U of I crop sciences department
- Soybean rust study will allow breeders to tailor resistant varieties to local pathogens
- Piglet behavior study shows they prefer new toys
- Soybeans and the June 30 USDA reports
- Anticipating the June 1 corn stocks estimate
- Forum to discuss best practice for food/farm policy relationship
- Growing hops in west central Illinois
- Unusual soybean coloration sheds a light on gene silencing
- Hog prices continue to be higher this year
- New way to detect Palmer amaranth in contaminated seedlots
- AgComm alumni shine on camera and off in award-winning video
- At $8 per piece, is buying a Buddha-shaped pear foolish or fun? Your age may predict your answer.
- U of I animal scientists to speak at dairy nutrition and management conference
- U of I College of ACES Alumni Association to host ACES in Places dairy farm tour and dinner
- Alumni invited to share the ACES experience with youth
- ACES 2017 Funk Award recipients recognized at banquet
- Statewide program for agricultural workers with disabilities gains support
- Extension to Offer Annie’s Project in Taylorville Beginning February 1
- Postemergence options for waterhemp control in soybean
University of Illinois Extension serving Christian, Jersey, Macoupin and Montgomery Counties
#1 Industrial Park Dr.
Hillsboro, IL 62049
Hours: Monday - Friday 8 am to 12 pm, 1 pm to 4:30 pm
1120 N Webster St.
Taylorville, IL 62568
Hours: Monday - Friday 8am to 11:30am, 12:30pm to 4.30pm
201 W. Exchange St.
Jerseyville, IL 62052
Hours: Tuesday & Wednesday 8 am to 12 pm and 1 pm to 4:30 pm and Thursday 8 am to 12 pm
#60 Carlinville Plaza
Carlinville, IL 62626
Hours: Monday - Thursday 8 am to 12 pm; 1 pm to 4:30 pm
Illinois Livestock Trail
Livestock related research from University of Illinois Extension animal systems specialists.
Making sense of Illinois Agricultural and Horticultural regulations.
Certified Livestock Manager Training
The site gives information about commercial haulers, state and federal rules, manure share program, and the Illinois Manure Management Plan.
A clearninghouse for resources about the production and management of livestock manure.
Private Applicator Training (Online Course)
Online course to assist private pesticide applicators prepare for the licensing examination.
A website to help people diagnose and identify plant and pest problems.