- About This Program
- 2016 Achievement Program
- 2017 Livestock Judging Results
- 2017 Showbook
- 2017 State Fair
- 4-H Clubs
- 4-H Committees
- 4-H Jersey County Fair Show Results
- 4-H Records
- Career Focus
- Club Resources
- Enrollment Information
- Forms & Downloads
- Jersey County 4-H Shooting Sports
- Leader Resources
- Livestock Resources
- Member Resources
- National 4-H Creed
- New Kids on the Clover
- Program / Workshop Waiver
- Project Support
- UNIT 18 4-H Leader Training - OCTOBER 21, 2017
Register by October 21, 2017
- UNIT 18 4-H Officer Training - OCTOBER 21, 2017
Register by October 21, 2017
- 4-H Horse Show Safety Video Completion
Register by August 13, 2018
- Jersey County 4-H Information
Register by September 1, 2018
- Become a 4-H Buddy
Register by October 4, 2018
- Subscribe to receive FREE issues of Extension Connections Magazine
Register by February 10, 2021
Read the Latest News
- Extension Connections
Our seasonal magazine highlighting the best of Unit 18 Programs, as well as helpful articles for better living.
Program Coordinator, 4-H and Youth Development
University of Illinois Extension
201 W. Exchange St.
Jerseyville, IL 62052
4-H Jersey County
National 4-H Creed
NATIONAL 4-H CREED FOR MEMBERS
In the early days of 4-H, in keeping with the times, a creed was developed. Many states were developing creeds or statements of beliefs that guided work. A national creed was developed for 4-H members and leaders.
The following is the National 4-H Creed for Members:
I believe in 4-H Club work for the opportunity that it will give me to become a useful citizen.
I believe in the training of my HEAD for the power that it will give me to think, plan, and reason.
I believe in the training of my HEART for the nobleness that it will give me to become kind, sympathetic, and true.
I believe in the training of my HANDS for the ability that it will give me to be helpful, useful, and skillful.
I believe in the training of my HEALTH for the strength that it will give me to enjoy life, to resist disease, and to work efficiently.
NATIONAL4-H CREED FOR LEADERS
The following is the National 4-H Creed for Leaders:
· The 4-H member is more important than the 4-H project.
· Learning how to do the project is more important than the project itself.
· 4-H'ers should be their own best exhibits.
· No award is worth sacrificing the reputation of a member or a leader.
· Competition should be given no more emphasis than other fundamentals of 4-H work.
· Enthusiasm is caught, not taught.
· To learn by doing is fundamental in any sound educational program and is characteristic of the 4-H program.
· Generally speaking, there is more than one good way to do most things.
· Every 4-H member needs to be noticed, to feel important, to win, and be praised (leaders too).
· Our job as leaders is to teach 4-H members how to think, not what to think.