- Montgomery County Chickens In The Classroom Teacher Registration
Register by March 24, 2018
- Montgomery County Worm Farm Teacher Registration
Register by April 21, 2018
- Subscribe to receive FREE issues of Extension Connections Magazine
Register by February 10, 2021
Read the Latest News
- Extension Connections
Our seasonal magazine highlighting the best of Unit 18 Programs, as well as helpful articles for better living.
Program Coordinator, Agriculture Literacy
University of Illinois Extension
#60 Carlinville Plaza
Carlinville, IL 62626
Montgomery County Ag Literacy
The Montgomery County Agricultural Literacy Program educates people of all ages about agriculture, its importance and the role it plays in our daily lives. The agricultural literacy program consists of:
- classroom programs for students on various agricultural topics. See the most recent newsletter for information about the current classroom programs being offered and scheduling a classroom visit. Classroom programs cover topics such as plants and seeds, soils, water, careers, renewable resources, corn, soybeans, wheat, animal nutrition, agricultural products, fiber/clothing, insects, beef, dairy, pork, embryology, apples, pumpkins, agricultural economics and marketing, biotechnology, genetics, and watersheds.
- many free or free-loan resources for schools (hands-on learning kits, lessons on various agricultural topics, books, videos). Review our Agricultural Literacy Resource Kit List of available items to borrow and descriptions of the mAGic and AgriLearning Kits.
- networking with other agricultural education people to strengthen agricultural literacy efforts statewide and nationally.
For more information, please contact Beth Groves, Agricultural Literacy Coordinator at (217)532-3941 or firstname.lastname@example.org