University of Illinois Extension serving Christian, Jersey, Macoupin and Montgomery Counties
#1 Industrial Park Dr.
Hillsboro, IL 62049
Hours: Monday - Friday 8 am to 12 pm, 1 pm to 4:30 pm
1120 N Webster St.
Taylorville, IL 62568
Hours: Monday - Friday 8am to 11:30am, 12:30pm to 4.30pm
201 W. Exchange St.
Jerseyville, IL 62052
Hours: Tuesday & Wednesday 8 am to 12 pm and 1 pm to 4:30 pm and Thursday 8 am to 12 pm
#60 Carlinville Plaza
Carlinville, IL 62626
Hours: Monday - Thursday 8 am to 12 pm; 1 pm to 4:30 pm
2018 Crop Management Conferences
January 8, 2018
Registration is open for the 2018 Crop Management Conferences. These regional conferences provide a forum for discussion and interaction between participants and university researchers. We are looking forward to introducing new specialists from the University of Illinois, and have adjoining state specialists joining us at Mt. Vernon and Malta.
In early October 2017, the EPA approved revised labels for Xtendimax, FeXapan, and Engenia. In addition to being classified as restricted use pesticides, the labels now require applicators to attend an annual dicamba or group 4 herbicide-specific training prior to using the products. At 4 pm at each Crop Management location, a 60-minute “Dicamba Training for Illinois” provided by industry educators will be available. This training will meet the new educational requirements.
Certified Crop Advisers can earn up to 8 hours of continuing education credit. Advance registration, no later than one week before each conference, is $100 per person. Late and on-site registration is $120. Dates and locations along with a link to location-specific agendas and online registration are listed below.
January 24 – Mt. Vernon – DoubleTree by Hilton
January 31 – Springfield – Brookens Auditorium - UIS
February 7 – Champaign – I-Hotel
February 21 – Malta – Kishwaukee College
2018 topics include:
- Insect Management in Corn and Soybeans – Dr. Nick Seiter, University of Illinois, Department of Crop Sciences
- How Do We Measure Success with Dicamba in 2018? - Dr. Aaron Hager, University of Illinois, Department of Crop Sciences (Mt. Vernon , Springfield, Champaign)
- New Things Floating Around in the World of Weed Management – Dr. William Johnson, Purdue, Department of Botany and Plant Pathology (Malta)
- Crop Economics in a Continuing and New Normal Price Environment – Dr. Gary Schnitkey, University of Illinois, Department of Agriculture and Consumer Economics
- Chippin’ Away at Nitrate Loss with Woodchip Bioreactors – Dr. Laura Christianson, University of Illinois, Department of Crop Sciences
- Introductions and Updates in Field Crop Diseases – Dr. Nathan Kleczewski, University of Illinois, Department of Crop Sciences (Springfield, Champaign, Malta)
- Managing Winter Wheat for Profitable Yields – Dr. Carrie Knott, University of Kentucky, Department of Plant and Soil Sciences (Mt. Vernon)
- Designing Crops of the Future for Maximum Efficiency and Productivity – Dr. Anthony Studer, University of Illinois, Department of Crop Sciences (Mt. Vernon, Springfield, Champaign)
- Identification and Management of the Yield Gap in Soybean – Dr. Shawn Conley, University of Wisconsin, Department of Agronomy (Malta)
- Explaining the 2017 Growing Season – Dr. Emerson Nafziger, University of Illinois, Department of Crop Sciences