Signup to receive email updates
- 2010 Master Composter Graduation
- Become a Master Composter!
- Reminder: Master Composter - GPC Series Training Tomorrow
- Special Thanks go out to Master Composters of Chicago
- Composters Needed for Flower and Garden Show!
- Come Enjoy the Sight at Worm Night! Sign Up Now!
- Announcing the 2010 Master Composter Series at GPC!
- Chicago Home Composting
- City Farmer Urban Home Composting
- Composting for Kids
- Composting for the Homeowner
- Cornell Composting
- Compost Guide
- Composting Activities for Kids
- Composting at Home
- Composting in the Home Garden
- Composting Fact Sheets
- EPA Composting
- How Composting Works
- How to Compost.org
- Make a Bird's Nest Compost Bin
- Make Compost Tea
- New York City Compost Project
- School Food Waste Composting Program
- Shedd Aquarium's Guide for Worm Composting
- Successful Home Composting
- The Adventures of Herman the Worm
- The Burrow
- US Composting Council
- Vermicomposting Forums
- Worm Woman.Com
- Worm Digest
- October 2010 (1)
- August 2010 (1)
- April 2010 (1)
- March 2010 (1)
- February 2010 (2)
- January 2010 (5)
- January 2009 (1)
- November 2008 (1)
- October 2008 (3)
- September 2008 (1)
- June 2008 (2)
- March 2008 (2)
- February 2008 (1)
- January 2008 (4)
- December 2007 (1)
- November 2007 (2)
- October 2007 (2)
- September 2007 (3)
- August 2007 (2)
36 Total Posts
follow our RSS feed
Wednesday, August 22, 2007
Learn the art and science of urban home composting and techniques for teaching others. This hands-on intensive 15 hour training program held at Chicago High School for Agricultural Sciences includes the essentials of basic and worm composting, educational methods practice and a worm composting bin for participants to use at home. Master Composter training hours can be used to satisfy general Master Gardener education requirements. Master Composter classes are open to the general public.
20 hours of community education outreach will be required for certification in the Master Composter program. 10 of these 20 hours will be staffing the Rotline (compost hotline) in the Master Gardener Plant Clinic at the Garfield Park Conservatory on weekends. The additional 10 hours can be completed at one of four compost education centers, or through individual outreach projects. Master Composter outreach hours satisfy general Master Gardener service requirements.
What: University of Illinois Extension Master Composter Training
When: Saturdays, Oct. 6, 13, 20, 2007
Time: 9 a.m. - 3 p.m.
Deadline: Applications must be received by Sept. 24, 2007
For an application and more information, call Nancy Kreith at 773-233-0476.
Thank you for your time. Please refer any questions to me.
Extension Program Coordinator
University of Illinois Extension
3807 W. 111th St.
Chicago, IL. 60655
Please email me at email@example.com