Signup to receive email updates
- October 2017 (1)
- October 2016 (1)
- July 2016 (1)
- April 2015 (2)
- March 2015 (1)
- February 2015 (3)
- January 2015 (1)
- December 2014 (1)
- November 2014 (2)
- October 2014 (2)
- September 2014 (2)
- August 2014 (1)
- July 2014 (2)
- June 2014 (1)
- April 2014 (2)
- March 2014 (2)
- January 2014 (2)
- November 2013 (8)
35 Total Posts
follow our RSS feed
Tuesday, September 16, 2014
The Companion Animal Community of Practice is pleased to announce 4-H photo and video contest.
These contests provide a venue for 4-H members across the nation to express their love of companion animals and demonstrate their photography and video skills.
- Contest is open to all 4-H and non-4-H youth ages 8-18 years of age as of January 1, 2014.
- Must be a citizen or permanent resident of the United States.
- All work must be created by the participant.
- Entry must have been completed after October 1, 2013 and by the submission deadline.
- Animals must not be harmed and any handling should be conducted in a way that promotes sound husbandry practices and positive relationships between handler/companion.
The eXtension Companion Animal Community of Practice reserves the right to determine the eligibility of any work, reject any submission, and make executive decisions on individual situations not foreseen by these guidelines.
Entries should focus on one of the following categories:
- Animal Health and/or Nutrition – example: A rabbit getting a wellness exam from a veterinarian.
- Good Husbandry and/or Grooming – example: A dog being groomed.
- Training and/or showing – example: A dog jumping over a bar jump.
- Human/Animal Bond – example: A child smiling while petting a guinea pig.
- Companion Animal Service or Citizenship
- The top ten entries will receive special recognition on the eXtension website http://www.extension.org/companion_animals and a 4-H flash drive.
- All entries that meet the above requirements will be combined with the Companion Animal 4-H video contest and entered into a drawing for an Apple® - iPad® mini - 16GB
- Scoring will be based on a combination of both content and photography/video skills with emphasis on content.
- All entries must be received by November 4, 2014.
Enter for your chance to win here