Signup to receive email updates
- Ask A Chicago Master Gardener
- Chicago Gardener Blog
- Cook County Urban Horticulture
- Hort Corner
- Illinois Master Gardeners
- Illinois Master Gardener Manual Preview
- Illinois Master Gardener Training Schedules
- Imagine Newsletters
- Junior Master Gardener Program
- Chicago Master Gardener Application
- Master Gardener Resources
- Urban Programs Resource Network
- February 2011 (1)
- October 2010 (2)
- February 2010 (2)
- January 2010 (4)
- July 2009 (2)
- April 2009 (2)
- March 2009 (2)
- February 2009 (2)
- January 2009 (10)
- December 2008 (10)
- November 2008 (25)
- October 2008 (6)
- September 2008 (17)
- August 2008 (3)
- July 2008 (8)
- June 2008 (16)
- May 2008 (8)
- April 2008 (5)
- March 2008 (22)
- February 2008 (19)
- January 2008 (14)
- December 2007 (5)
- November 2007 (12)
- October 2007 (10)
- September 2007 (20)
- August 2007 (22)
- July 2007 (27)
- June 2007 (16)
- May 2007 (26)
- April 2007 (24)
- March 2007 (29)
- February 2007 (50)
- January 2007 (27)
- December 2006 (4)
- November 2006 (1)
- October 2006 (4)
- September 2006 (5)
- August 2006 (8)
- July 2006 (13)
- June 2006 (35)
- May 2006 (16)
- April 2006 (11)
- January 2006 (4)
- December 2005 (7)
- November 2005 (8)
- October 2005 (5)
569 Total Posts
follow our RSS feed
Sunday, August 19, 2007
This request is from Garfield Park and separate from the Master Garden/UIUC Extension Booth at the County Fair. Of course, we want to help out GPC, but please consider staffing the Master Gardener booth first.
Harmony Picciuca <email@example.com> wrote:
The Garfield Park Conservatory's 7th Annual County Fair needs you!
Saturday September 15th
10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Hello Wonderful GPCA Volunteers,
It's that time of year again... for all of us to dust off our straw hats, pull on our overalls, and celebrate the 7th Annual Garfield Park Conservatory's County Fair!
This promises to be a really big day and we need plenty of volunteers to help with all kinds of fun activities.
Below is a list of volunteer needs and shifts. If you are available and interested please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org with your area of interest and shift preferences.
1. Set up Volunteers: Help start the fun: set up tables, bring out materials for activities, and install directional signs.
8:30 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.
2. Membership and Information Table: Volunteers are needed to greet folks, pass out event programs and maps, answer questions, and recruit new GPCA members.
Membership Volunteers Shifts:
1st shift: 9:30 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
2nd shift: 12:30 p.m. - 4:30 p.m.
3. Children Activity Volunteers: Volunteers will help at one of our three Children's Activity Stations: bubble making, color a quilt paper square, and making corn husk dolls.
Children's Activity Shifts:
1st shift: 10:00 a.m. - 1:30 p.m.
2nd shift: 1:00 p.m. - 4:30 p.m.
4. Demonstration Garden Volunteer Tour Guides: The demo garden really shines in September: give special tours to show off the fruits of our labor!
Demo Garden Tour Guides Shifts:
1st shift: 10:00 a.m. - 1:30 pm.
2nd shift: 1:00 p.m. - 4:30 p.m.
5. Pony Rides and Carriage Rides Volunteers: Volunteers will help manage lines for these two County Fair favorites.
Pony and Carriage Ride Shifts:
1 st shift: 9:30 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
2nd shift: 12:30 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
7. Harvest Competition volunteers: More specifics soon. If you are interested in this area, please let me know and I will provide you information.
Volunteer Training for County Fair: Thursday, September 6th at 7 p.m. in the Community Room
We will hold a Volunteer Training for County Fair on Thursday, September 6th at 7 p.m. in the Community Room. If you are able to attend please indicate that in your reply. Also if you have friends or family who are interested in becoming a GPCA volunteer, we are doing a new volunteer orientation that same day starting at 6:30 p.m. in the Community Room.
Please RSVP to me by email email@example.com or phone 773.638.1766 (ext. 24).
Thanks so much for your continued consideration and support.
Garden and Volunteer Programs Coordinator
Garfield Park Conservatory Alliance
300 N. Central Park Avenue
Chicago, Illinois 60624
773.638.1766 x 24