Signup to receive email updates
- Ask A Chicago Master Gardener
- Chicago Gardener Blog
- Cook County Urban Horticulture
- Hort Corner
- Illinois Master Gardeners
- Illinois Master Gardener Manual Preview
- Illinois Master Gardener Training Schedules
- Imagine Newsletters
- Junior Master Gardener Program
- Chicago Master Gardener Application
- Master Gardener Resources
- Urban Programs Resource Network
- February 2011 (1)
- October 2010 (2)
- February 2010 (2)
- January 2010 (4)
- July 2009 (2)
- April 2009 (2)
- March 2009 (2)
- February 2009 (2)
- January 2009 (10)
- December 2008 (10)
- November 2008 (25)
- October 2008 (6)
- September 2008 (17)
- August 2008 (3)
- July 2008 (8)
- June 2008 (16)
- May 2008 (8)
- April 2008 (5)
- March 2008 (22)
- February 2008 (19)
- January 2008 (14)
- December 2007 (5)
- November 2007 (12)
- October 2007 (10)
- September 2007 (20)
- August 2007 (22)
- July 2007 (27)
- June 2007 (16)
- May 2007 (26)
- April 2007 (24)
- March 2007 (29)
- February 2007 (50)
- January 2007 (27)
- December 2006 (4)
- November 2006 (1)
- October 2006 (4)
- September 2006 (5)
- August 2006 (8)
- July 2006 (13)
- June 2006 (35)
- May 2006 (16)
- April 2006 (11)
- January 2006 (4)
- December 2005 (7)
- November 2005 (8)
- October 2005 (5)
569 Total Posts
follow our RSS feed
Tuesday, March 25, 2008
Good morning Master Gardeners,
We soon will be through the first quarter of 2008 and now have 794 Volunteer Hours reported on the NE Region database. It will be easier for all of us if you can report your hours on a weekly/monthly basis.
Here are some hints on using the database:
Reporting your hours on the NE Region Database
1. Get into the Web site at http://web.extension.uiuc.edu/mgdb/
2. When you get the first screen, click on to the create a new account.
Put in your code. (You never use that code again)
That will take you back to the original screen.
3. Now----put in a user name. I usually use my whole name so that I won't forget.
4. Then choose a personal password NOT THE ENTRY CODE
I always use my maiden name, something I won't forget. Keep it simple.
If you cannot remember the user name or password that you chose, contact me and we will set up a new entry code. You will have to begin at the beginning, but you won't lose any hours you have already submitted.
Other things you need to know:
5. Monthly meetings need to be reported in two places:
Under Activities, you may report one hour Volunteer time for attending the meeting. Monthly meetings are listed by date.
The speaker for a Monthly meeting is Continuing Education. Look for it listed by month and the speaker. Usually one hour credit.
6. In hopes of making Continuing Education items easier to find, they are always listed by the month in which they occurred.
7. If you have attended a Continuing Education event that is not on the list, click on to Suggested Continuing Education at the left hand side of your screen, and enter it there. When I have improved it, it will come back up on the database for you to report against. I try to send out emails to let you know when an item you have submitted is up on the database.
8. If you have Volunteer events that are not in the database list, send them to me via email.
I need the name of the event, location address, especially the zip code and date. As usual, I'll let you know when it is ready for you to report against.
9. Sometimes when you click into Enter Activities, a long list of all Activities ever entered into the Database comes up. Click onto the term START DATE and the items will appear on a calendar list. Much easier.
Remember, I'm only an email away.