- Math Throughout The Year
Register by November 30, 2017
Math Outside the Book for 3rd-5th grade teachers
November 27, 2017
Math Throughout the Year Pre K -2 Teachers
December 2, 2017
Math Outside the Book for Roosevelt primary teachers
December 13, 2017
- View Full Calendar >>
Extension Educator, S.T.E.M.
University of Illinois Extension
2205 Enterprise Drive, Suite 501
Westchester, IL 60154
Math Outside the Book
In these math workshops teachers will experience classroom-ready activities which they will be able to use with their students immediately.
Each workshop will be geared to a particular grade band and provide an extensive collection of materials and ideas that are ready to use!
Teachers will receive ISBE professional development hours. Sessions can be held at your school or district as well as an Extension office in Chicago, Westchester or Matteson.
- High impact, low cost, low prep activities to engage your students in fun ways to practice and review math concepts
- Effective ways to use manipulatives to broaden students’ understanding
- Experiencing and sharing strategies to differentiate activities for all learners
- Hands on ideas to reinforce your curriculum – no matter what series you use
- Playing games that you can use with your whole class, set up in math centers, use as part of family math nights, or include in math back packs
- Gaining a deeper understanding of the 8 Math Practice Standards
- Learning some new and fresh ideas as well as some “oldies but goodies”
- Collaborating with other teachers to sharpen your math teaching skills