Growing vegetable transplants helps home gardeners get a significant jump on a spring garden, among other benefits. Join Master Gardeners for tips on seed choice, soil preparation, container selection, lighting options and troubleshooting problems.
Explore Local Programs
- 4-H – DuPage County
- 4-H – Kane County
- 4-H – Kendall County
- 4-H Science
- 4-H Shooting Sports
- 4-H Spring Workshops
- 4-H Volunteer Tools
- Incubation & Embryology for School Classrooms
- Master Gardeners – DuPage County
- Master Gardeners – Kane County
- Master Gardeners – Kendall County
- Master Naturalists
- Nutrition and Wellness
- Illinois Nutrition Education Programs
- Robotics Team Registration for 2017 4-H Showcase (Downers Grove Location)
Register by February 25, 2017
- Robotics Team Registration for 2017 4-H Showcase (Elgin Location)
Register by March 15, 2017
- Body Smart Gardening (Yorkville)
Register by March 16, 2017
- STEM Spring Break 2017 (Naperville location)
Register by March 17, 2017
- Seed Starting (St. Charles)
Register by March 28, 2017
Read the Latest News
- » Down the Garden Path Blog
- » Illinois Nutrition Edition Blog
A Source for Health Information You Can Trust
- » Our Illinois 4-H Story Blog
The stories of lives changed by Illinois 4-H
- » Over the Fence Blog
Where gardeners come to find out what's happening out in the yard.
- Illinois Leader
Leader news from the State 4-H Office.
- Illinois Pesticide Review
The Illinois Pesticide Review provides concise information on legislation, regulations, and other developments directly impacting pesticide use in Illinois.
- Annie’s Project Course Helps Farm Women Make Farm Transitions Work
- Take Action to Guard your Heart
- Soup's On! Make the Most of this Wholesome Winter Option
- Tri-County Teams Take Home Awards and Life Lessons from 5th Annual Bridge Bust with 4-H
- Keep the Tradition, Update the Recipe
- New Veterans’ Garden Grows Connections, Harvests Success
- Master Gardener Projects in DuPage
- Gardening Year Round in DuPage County
- Kendall Master Gardener Plant Sale
University of Illinois Extension serving DuPage, Kane and Kendall Counties
Main Office (Kane County)
535 South Randall Road
St. Charles, IL 60174-1591
Hours: Monday - Friday 8:30 am to 4:30 pm Master Gardener: M-F 10 am to 2 pm
Branch Office (DuPage County)
1100 E. Warrenville Road
Naperville, IL 60563
Hours: M 11am - 7pm; Tu-Fri 8:30am-4:30pm Master Gardener: Tu-W-Thu 9 am to 12 pm
Branch Office (Kendall County)
7775-B Illinois Route 47
Yorkville, IL 60560
Hours: Monday - Friday 8:30 am to 4:30 pm Master Gardener: M-F 9 am to 12:30 pm
“Body Smart Gardening” teaches you how to protect yourself from the elements and injury as you do the work necessary for a successful garden. Master Gardeners lead this fun presentation and provide useful tips on saving your back, neck, knees and more.
The popular Spring Break workshops are back! This year, we offer five STEM-themed programs to give youth a fun hands-on experience in robotics, ecology, anatomy or engineering. Join us during the week of March 27 in Naperville.
Would you like to explore multiple countries without ever leaving Illinois? At the annual 4-H International Nights in each county, visitors can discover the geography, culture and food of many nations, all while staying close to home.
Creating a transition plan to make sure a farm continues as a productive business can be challenging. "Managing for Today and Tomorrow" is for farm women of all ages who want to plan now for a successful transition later.
Learn more about heart health and heart disease from U of I Extension. Plus, understand how nutrition and exercise play an important role, and how to make healthy choices into healthy habits.
This special interest (SPIN) club focuses on teaching youth important outdoor and wilderness abilities, including compass use and basic survival skills. Learn more about joining for 2017:
Check out our Facebook Events page for a listing of free small farms webinars going on this winter.
Thank you for visiting University of Illinois Extension of DuPage, Kane and Kendall Counties. Our Unit is the link between the U of I and our neighbors in all three counties. Extension staff provide educational programs and research-based information to help our residents improve quality of life, develop skills and solve problems. To learn more, contact us at 630-955-1123 (DuPage), 630-584-6166 (Kane), or 630-553-5823 (Kendall). We also hope you will add us to your favorites list and join us on Facebook.
Wednesday November 9, 2016 • 6:45 PM
Monday November 14, 2016 • 6:00 PM
Tuesday December 6, 2016 • 7:00 PM
Thursday January 26, 2017 • 7:00 PM