- Bridge Build Workshop - Dec 2017 (Yorkville)
Register by December 5, 2017
Jo Ann Britton
Program Coordinator, School Enrichment
University of Illinois Extension
7775-B Illinois Route 47
Yorkville, IL 60560
Bridge Busting Competition
The 6th Annual Bridge Bust event is sponsored by 4-H Youth Development through University of Illinois Extension, and partners Rural King of Plano and Cross Lutheran Church & School in Yorkville.
Start forming your teams now! Click the 2017-2018 flyer below for details and look for registration to open Oct. 2, 2017 (at right)
Save the dates:
- Registration opens - Oct. 2
- Registration deadline - early November (or when program meets capacity)
- Supply pick-up for teams - Nov. 20-22
- Competition - Jan. 6, 2018
- 2018 Bridge Bust Contest flyer: Registration Opens Oct. 2
This fun, challenging annual competition tests bridge-building prowess, and encourages math, engineering and design skills! Bridges will be judged on both structural efficiency & aesthetics.
- Bridge Build Workshop for Contest Participants
New to Bridge Bust? Or, Want to expand your knowledge before this year's contest? This workshop is designed for Bridge Bust 2017-2018 participants, and will focus on: bridge styles, building techniques, structural efficiency and more. Registration opens Nov. 1, 2017.
- Past News: Tri-County Teams Take Home Awards and Life Lessons from 5th Annual Bridge Bust with 4-H
Families, community members, 4-H’ers, and school students from DuPage, Kane and Kendall counties put their engineering skills to the test in the Fifth Annual 4-H Bridge Bust Competition on Saturday, Jan. 7. After weeks of bridge building and a morning of bridge busting, teams walked away with more than ribbons or trophies.