- Decatur Maker Fest Volunteers
Register by April 26, 2017
Read the Latest News
- Buckets, Bales, & Bushels Blog
Connecting You with Your Food, Farmers, and Community
University of Illinois Extension
3351 N. President Howard Brown Blvd.
Decatur, IL 62521
Any adult can become a Master Naturalist. It does not require a degree or years of experience. You do, however, need to:
- Successfully complete local training.
- Have a sincere desire to learn and share natural resource information.
- Be able to communicate effectively.
- Be willing to devote time to volunteering and to continuing education each year to remain certified.
Training sessions are typically offered one day a week over a two-month period and are led by expert educators in the region. Training includes both classroom instruction and field study. 60 hours of volunteer work is required to complete the program and become certified. In order to remain a certified Master Naturalist, 30 hours of volunteer work and 10 hours of continuing education or advanced training are required each year.
The local Master Naturalist program is sponsored by University of Illinois Extension-DeWitt, Macon and Piatt Counties, Macon County Conservation District and the Decatur Park District. Find us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/UIExtensionDMPmn.