Program Coordinator, 4-H and Youth Development
University of Illinois Extension
1212 Route 14 West
Benton, IL 62812
4-H Shooting Sports in Franklin County
Having Something for Everyone!
PURPOSE: Provide an opportunity for youth to be able to discover the world of shooting and expand their skills.
The Illinois 4-H Shooting Sports program utilizes the resources of University of Illinois Extension's 4-H program. Jackson County has added Shooting Sports as a special interest club. We are expanding our 4-H Shooting Sports program with these disciplines:
- Archery (ages 8-18)
- .22 Rifle (ages 10-18)
- Air Rifle (ages 8-10)
- Shotgun (ages 10-18)
HOWEVER, in order to meet the needs of this program, we NEED adults to serve as instructors and volunteers. If you are interested, please call (618) 687-1727 and inquire. The next instructor training is scheduled May 13-15, 2011. What are you waiting for? Get involved!
Building Life Skills
Objectives for the program are to:
- Teach decision making, teamwork, self-discipline, self-confidence and problem solving
- Promote the highest standards of safety, sportsmanship and ethical behavior
- Encourage an appreciation and understanding of natural resources
- Develop leadership abilities
- Build character and willingness to assume citizenship responsibility
- Furnish enjoyable, positive relationships with peers and adult instructors
- Strengthen families through participation in lifelong recreational activities
- Build awareness of related career opportunities
PLEASE VISIT OUR SPONSOR SITE!0>