Rhonda J. Ferree
Extension Educator, Horticulture
University of Illinois Extension
127 S High St, Ste 1
Havana, IL 62644-1496
Lead in Soils Resources
- a. Lead in Garden Soils Fact Sheet
- b. Lead in Garden Soils Interview with Rhonda Ferree
University of Illinois Extension Horticulture Educator Rhonda Ferree was the guest on Extension Spotlight with DeLoss Jahnke on 1290 WIRL and RFD Town & Country Partners radio. Rhonda shares important information about lead in garden soils.
- c. University of Illinois Extension Horticulture
Websites provide general gardening information.
- d. Rhonda Ferree's ILRiverHort Blog
Includes a category dedicated to community and other food gardens.
- e. Food Safety in Your Home Vegetable Garden
California Master Gardener tip sheet.
- f. Growing Gardens in Urban Soils
EPA 12 page fact sheet.
- g. Lead Poisoning Prevention Website
Illinois Department of Public Health website with information including lead poisoning, lead abatement, and lead testing.
- h. Sources and Impacts of Contaminants in Soils
Cornell Waste Management Institute, Department of Crop and Soil Science fact sheet.
- i. Taking a Soil Sample Video
One of the best things a first-time gardener can do is have a soil sample taken. Learn how to properly take a soil sample.
- j. Soil Testing Labs
This website from University of Illinois provides contact information for soil testing labs throughout the state of Illinois.