Words of inspiration are great encouragers and good reminders for me. As I sit at my computer writing, I see lots of them scattered around my office.
· Do great things in the small things.—Mother Teresa
· Friends are like four leaf clovers—hard to find and lucky to have.
· Only speak words that make souls stronger.
· People may doubt what you say, but they will always believe what you do.
Those four are some that I can see directly in front of me. If I turn around I have a cute one sitting on my shelf.
· She was fairly certain that given a cape and a nice tiara she could change the world.
I also have lots of words of encouragement that were said to me/given to me by friends and family. They mean so much to me. Words are powerful.
This month, I would like to encourage you to change the world with your positive words of encouragement. Start with your 4-H leaders. Wish them a Happy Volunteer Week and say thanks!
All Tazewell county 4-H members who are exhibiting their horse(s) at the 4-H Show in July, must have the following forms on file at the Extension Office by May 1st.
· Horse Lease/Ownership papers and photos of horses (2 copies if planning to register for both 4-H Fair and State Fair.) The photos can be traditional photo prints or color photos printed on your home computer.
· Copy of current negative coggins test. The description and markings must match the horse.
If you have questions, contact a Horse Superintendent or the Extension office.
Each year, we offer Embryology in the Classroom program to Tazewell County school teachers. This year, we are also hatching some in the Tazewell Extension office. We will be looking for good homes for these chicks plus any chicks that the teachers return to us.
If you are interested and have proper housing for chickens, we would love to give them to you. The first round of chickens will be ready to go to their new homes late afternoon on Friday, May 11th.
Please contact Anita at the Tazewell Extension office if you would like to "order" some of the free chicks.
The breed we are hatching this year are White Leghorn. This breed is very athletic, hardy, non-sitters and lay very nice large white eggs The White Leghorn is a prolific layer of white eggs. They produce more eggs on less feed than most chickens.