Extension Educator, SNAP-Ed
University of Illinois Extension
100 Manhattan Road
Joliet, IL 60433
Deloris Walker earned a master's degree in Public Health from Northern Illinois University, and a bachelor's degree in Speech Communication with a Spanish minor from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. Additionally, Walker is a Certified Health Education Specialist (CHES) through the National Commission For Health Education Credentialing.
In her role as an Extension Educator, Walker provides policy, system, and environmental change technical assistance to low income populations and schools in the counties of Will, Kankakee, and Grundy through the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP-Ed). Walker's expertise include Smarter Lunchrooms, school wellness policy evaluation and technical assistance, Early Childhood Nutriton policy assessment and assistance, food pantry nutrition, and farmers' market environmental change.
Walker serves on the state leadership team for the Smarter Lunchrooms Movement, as well as the Chronic Health Team of Will County MAPP coalition, the Live Healthy Kankakee County collaborative, the education committee for the Illinois Farmers' Market Association, and the School Health Committee of the Illinois Academy of Pediatrics. Deloris Walker looks forward to developing partnerships to continue to make strides in the area of nutrition and wellness.
- Smarter Lunchrooms Assessments and technical assistance
- NAP SACC Assessments and technical assistance
- Food Pantry nutrition policy development and technical assistance for creating healthy food pantries
- Professional development workshops (online and in-person) for school staff and school nutrition staff
- Technical assistance with getting Link benefits accepted at farmers' markets