Signup to receive email updates
follow our RSS feed
Monday, April 7, 2014
1. 4 inch soil temp: 38 degrees F.
2. Growing degree days since April 1=0. Remember- this is an indication of the amount of heat we are accumulating for plant growth.
3. As Chris indicated in an earlier message, as a beginning grower you might want to consider buying transplants instead of growing your own garden plants ( tomatoes, peppers etc.) As such, the best transplant isn’t the tallest one. The plants that have the shortest distance between branches are the ones you want.
4. A great one pot dish recipe using asparagus by our very own University of Illinois Extension.
5. Swiss chard will be one of the earliest plants in the garden. More information on preparation of chard is found here.