- Spear Head Spade Sales Fall 2017
Register by December 21, 2017
- Gardener's Day 2018 Speaker Form
Register by January 15, 2018
- Gardener's Day 2018 Vendor Form
Register by February 15, 2018
- Interest Form for Master Gardener or Master Naturalist Training
Register by July 28, 2018
- 2018 Master Gardener Annual Agreement (Current Members Only)
Register by December 20, 2018
- Order Gardening Books and Beyond
Register by April 22, 2022
Read the Latest News
- Green Speak Blog
Horticulture topics from gardens to lawns and then some.
- The Humble Gardener Blog
At University of Illinois Extension, our volunteers are at our core. Hear their voice on this volunteer driven blog.
- Gardener's Corner
Four seasons of gardening information.
- Home Yard and Garden Pest
Provides timely information on insect, weed, and plant disease pests for landscapers, arborists, lawn care professionals, golf course personnel, and garden center operators.
Extension Educator, Horticulture
University of Illinois Extension
3022 W Jackson
Macomb, IL 61455
Program Coordinator, Hort
University of Illinois Extension
180 S Soangetaha Rd, Ste 108
Galesburg, IL 61401-5595
Welcome to our Master Gardener's Project board!
Our Master Gardener's serve their communities through a wide range of projects. This page contains the latest information and calendars for these projects. Contact Amanda at email@example.com if you have questions or if you'd like to get involved with any of the following projects. Most projects are structured as partnerships with University of Illinois Extension.
Carl Sandburg Historic Site
· The Carl Sandburg Historic Site is a blossoming cottage garden that is open to visitors. This project aims to restore and preserve the historical sites landscape.
· To join this committee, please contact Jamie Yemm.
· Master Gardener's will be present on the 2nd and 4th Wednesdays of the month, May through August from 9am-11am. Anyone interested in volunteering or visiting is welcome.
Carl Sandburg Community Garden
· The mission of Sandburg Community Garden is to provide fresh, organic food, outdoor activity, fun, and fellowship for our members, and for the communities around us. We also are providing the opportunity to learn how to plant, grow, cook, and share, healthy and chemical free produce. Most of the produce is donated to local food pantries.
· To join the committee, please contact Mary Robson.
· June 16 evening & 17 morning is the garden open house with a cooking class
· Find more about the Community Garden on Facebook!
· This project is located at the McDonough County Extension Office and 4-H Fairgrounds.
· Come visit the wide range of gardens like the butterfly garden, shade garden, and the new GIFT Garden! GIFT stands for Growing Illinois Food Together and its purpose is to to contribute fresh food to local food pantries. Visit our gardens and follow the maps in our mailbox to identify each plant.
· To get involved, contact Amanda at firstname.lastname@example.org
Knox County Fair Grounds
· This project aims to enhance and help maintain the landscape at the fairgrounds, including monarch habitat.
· To join the committee, please contact Pat Asbury or Roberta Whipple.
Knox Horticultural Brochure Committee
· Master Gardeners come up with new brochures monthly, covering topics from ground covers to choosing trees for your landscape.
· To join the committee, please contact Kathy Lotz.
· Join us in the Galesburg Office on Fridays 9-12 a.m.
Knox County Nursing Home
· The Knox County Nursing Home is a historical site and active nursing home that features extensive gardens and landscaping. Master Gardeners engage residents in gardens to connect them with nature and fresh produce.
· To join the committee, please contact Kathy Breeden
· Workdays are select Tuesday Mornings from 9 a.m.- noon.
Monarch Migration Festival- Galesburg
· The 3rd Monarch Migration Festival will be at the Lakeside Nature Center on September 9, 2017
· To join the committee, please contact Rhonda Brady
· Planning meetings are held on the 3rd Wednesday of each month at Lakeside Recreational Facility from 5:30-6:30 p.m.
· Find more information on their Facebook event!
Galesburg Tree Inventory
· This new project is in service of the City of Galesburg. We are working on the Tree USA inventory, identifying trees and updating the status of trees on public lands.
· Trees 4 Galesburg group meets the 3rd Thursday of each month at City Hall
· Contact Amanda to check out a survey packet and map! This project is work at your own pace.