Are you interested in becoming a Master Gardener? Master Gardeners are volunteers who love gardening, want to expand their horticulture knowledge and give back to the community. 2018 training begins Feb. 1 in Rockford.
Explore Local Programs
- * Unit 1 Programs and Events
- 4-H Tech Wizards
- Community Gardening Project
- Food Enterprise Center
- Illinois Cottage Food Operation Information
- Jo Daviess County 4-H
- Jo Daviess County Scholarships
- Jo Daviess Master Naturalists
- JoDaviess County Master Gardeners
- Public Value Statements
- Stephenson County 4-H
- Stephenson County Master Gardeners
- Stephenson Local Foods Initiative
- Unit 1 Ag Newsletter
- Unit 1 Extension Council Meetings
- Winnebago County 4-H
- Winnebago County Master Gardeners
- Winnebago Local Foods Initiative
- Winnebago Master Naturalists
- Illinois Nutrition Education Programs
- Beef Cattle Update
Register by December 13, 2017
- Winnebago 4-H Robotics Club
Register by January 12, 2018
- Winnebago County Master Gardener Training - 2018
Register by January 28, 2018
- Stateline Fruit and Vegetable Growers Conference (Rockford)
Register by January 31, 2018
- Apple Tree Pruning 2.0 (Jo Daviess)
Register by February 13, 2018
- Private Pesticide Testing Session - Jo Daviess
Register by February 22, 2018
- Private Pesticide Testing Session - Stephenson
Register by March 6, 2018
Read the Latest News
- » Hill and Furrow Blog
Current topics about crop production in Western Illinois, including field crops research at the NWIARDC in Monmouth.
- » Hort in the Home Landscape Blog
A blog devoted to sharing timely horticulture topics and answering the questions of gardeners and homeowners.
- » Illinois Nutrition Edition Blog
A Source for Health Information You Can Trust
- » Northern Illinois Agriculture Blog
University of Illinois Extension
- » Northwest Illinois Horticulture Corner Blog
In the far Northwest Corner of Illinois, gardening is a very popular pastime! Get your info here!
- » Raise, Grow, Harvest, Eat, Repeat Blog
A blog for growers, consumers, and backyard gardeners to grow, eat, and connect in the local food system.
- » The Ag Engineering Update Blog
The latest and greatest from your livestock engineers.
- » The Cattle Blog
- » The Cattle Connection Blog
The cattlemen's connection to timely topics, current research, and profitable management strategies
- » The Small Ruminant Blog
Marketing & Outlook
- Home Yard and Garden Pest
Provides timely information on insect, weed, and plant disease pests for landscapers, arborists, lawn care professionals, golf course personnel, and garden center operators.
- The Bulletin
Weekly bulletins during the growing season, letting you know what problem pests to look for before they reach your field.
- Weekly Outlook
Published each Monday and addresses current and prospective developments in crop and livestock markets.
- 22nd Annual Stateline Fruit and Vegetable Growers Conference
- University of Illinois Extension Educators Recognized for Small Farms Webinar Series
- WINNEBAGO 4-H TEAMS UP WITH FIRST LEGO LEAGUE
- Illinois 4-H team competes in National 4-H Dairy Quiz Bowl
- Court ruling requires some livestock and poultry farmers to report emissions by November 15
- Beef Cattle Update
- Master Gardener Program Seeks Applicants
- Upcoming Hay & Straw Auctions
- 2016 Weed Control Guide Now Available
- Palmer amaranth could affect Illinois soybean yield
University of Illinois Extension serving Jo Daviess, Stephenson and Winnebago Counties
Highland Community College, Bldg R
2998 W Pearl City Rd
Freeport, IL 61032
Hours: Monday - Friday 8 am to 4:30 pm
Jo Daviess County
204 Vine, PO Box 600
Elizabeth, IL 61028
SNAP Ed Office
650 North Main St
Rockford, IL 61103
1040 North Second Street
Rockford, IL 61107
A pesticide license is required of everyone applying Restricted Use pesticides. Also, anyone applying Restricted or General Use pesticides in the course of employment must have a license. Testing sessions are being offered in Freeport and Elizabeth.
Welcome to the University of Illinois Extension serving Jo Daviess, Stephenson, and Winnebago Counties. Using the vast resources of the U of I, Extension provides practical, research-based information to make a positive difference in people's lives. Explore our website and let us help you put knowledge to work!
No Upcoming Extension Meetings.