Creating a transition plan to make sure a farm continues as a productive, agricultural business can be challenging. Farm women can have a key role in successful farm transitions.
Explore Local Programs
- * Unit 1 Programs and Events
- 4-H Tech Wizards
- Community Gardening Project
- Food Enterprise Center
- Illinois Cottage Food Operation Information
- Jo Daviess County 4-H
- Jo Daviess County Scholarships
- Jo Daviess Master Naturalists
- JoDaviess County Master Gardeners
- Public Value Statements
- Stephenson County 4-H
- Stephenson County Master Gardeners
- Stephenson Local Foods Initiative
- Unit 1 Ag Newsletter
- Unit 1 Extension Council Meetings
- Winnebago County 4-H
- Winnebago County Master Gardeners
- Winnebago Local Foods Initiative
- Winnebago Master Naturalists
- Illinois Nutrition Education Programs
- Gifts from the Kitchen - Holiday Baking Jars (Rockford)
Register by December 14, 2016
- Hands-on Holiday Series (Jo Daviess)
Register by December 20, 2016
- Stephenson County 4-H Air Rifle Shooting Sports Club
Register by January 9, 2017
- Annie's Project Managing for Today and Tomorrow (Jo Daviess)
Register by January 12, 2017
- Private Pesticide Applicator Training & Testing - January 20, 2017, Freeport
Register by January 20, 2017
- Northwest Illinois Agritourism & Small Acreage Series
Register by January 25, 2017
- Winnebago 4-H Robotics SPIN Club
Register by January 31, 2017
- Stateline Fruit and Vegetable Growers Conference (Rockford)
Register by February 10, 2017
- Soil Fertility Seminar
Register by February 26, 2017
- Private Pesticide Applicator TEST ONLY Stephenson County March 2, 2017
Register by March 2, 2017
- 2017 Northwest Illinois Grazing Conference
Register by March 3, 2017
- Registration - Local Foods for Northern Illinois Directory
Register by April 2, 2017
Online Forms and Surveys
Read the Latest News
- » Hill and Furrow Blog
Current topics about crop production in Western Illinois, including field crops research at the NWIARDC in Monmouth.
- » Hort in the Home Landscape Blog
A blog devoted to sharing timely horticulture topics and answering the questions of gardeners and homeowners.
- » Illinois Nutrition Edition Blog
A Source for Health Information You Can Trust
- » Northwest Illinois Horticulture Corner Blog
In the far Northwest Corner of Illinois, gardening is a very popular pastime! Get your info here!
- » Raise, Grow, Harvest, Eat, Repeat Blog
A blog for growers, consumers, and backyard gardeners to grow, eat, and connect in the local food system.
- » The Ag Engineering Update Blog
The latest and greatest from your livestock engineers.
- » The Cattle Blog
- » The Cattle Connection Blog
The cattlemen's connection to timely topics, current research, and profitable management strategies
- » The North 160 Acres Blog
Northern Illinois Agronomy Research Center
- » The Small Ruminant Blog
Marketing & Outlook
- Gardener's Corner
Four seasons of gardening information.
- Home Yard and Garden Pest
Provides timely information on insect, weed, and plant disease pests for landscapers, arborists, lawn care professionals, golf course personnel, and garden center operators.
- The Bulletin
Weekly bulletins during the growing season, letting you know what problem pests to look for before they reach your field.
- Weekly Outlook
Published each Monday and addresses current and prospective developments in crop and livestock markets.
- Annie's Project Course: Managing for Today and Tomorrow!
- Driftless Region Beef Conference to be Held Jan. 26-27
- Holiday Series Classes Offer Hands on Experience the Whole Family Can Enjoy!
- Local 4-H members and adult volunteers honored
- Series on Small Acreage and Agritourism Continues
- Selecting the perfect tree this holiday season!
- IL 4-H’ers Place at National Dairy Judging Contest
- Illinois 4-H Space Camp 2016
- Illinois Takes Second at National 4-H Dairy Quiz Bowl
- Make Manure Safety a Priority
- Celebrating 4-H Hall of Fame Inductees Illinois 4-H Foundation inducts 74 honorees
- Gifts from the Kitchen – Holiday Baking Jars
- November is Diabetes Awareness Month
- University of Illinois Extension offers the Northwest Illinois Agritourism Series
- 4-H Archery Program Kicking Off New Year
- 2016 Weed Control Guide Now Available
- New models better predict field working days
- Palmer amaranth could affect Illinois soybean yield
- University of Illinois Extension works with community partners to create 4-H Knights in the Kitchen program
University of Illinois Extension serving Jo Daviess, Stephenson and Winnebago Counties
Main Office (Stephenson County)
Highland Community College, Bldg R
2998 W Pearl City Rd
Freeport, IL 61032
Hours: Monday - Friday 8 am to 4:30 pm
Branch Office (Jo Daviess County)
204 Vine, PO Box 600
Elizabeth, IL 61028
SNAP Ed Office
650 North Main St
Rockford, IL 61103
Branch Office (Winnebago County)
1040 North Second Street
Rockford, IL 61107
Join the University of Illinois Extension for the 2017 Northwest Illinois Grazing Conference on Friday, March 3, 2017. This year the theme is “Razing Grass, Livestock, But Not Weeds!” providing topics to take you back to the basics of grazing.
Winter Weather Preparedness Week in Illinois is November 13-19. Make sure you are ready for the winter weather that is coming by checking out these winter facts and safety tips.
Gear up for the holidays with this fun hands-on holiday series being offered in Jo Daviess County. We will be offering "Holiday Wreaths", and "Holiday Centerpieces".
During this hands-on workshop, learn helpful tips on managing stress during the holiday season. Then, learn how to layer ingredients to make two festive mixes (a cookie mix and a soup mix) to take home or give to someone special as a holiday gift!
This four part series covers a wide array of topics for those wanting to start or expand an agritourism business.
JOIN THE FUN! The Winnebago 4-H Robotics SPIN (SPecial INterest) Club is starting again soon! BOYS and GIRLS ages 8 through 18 are invited to join… and you don’t have to be a current 4-H member to participate.
Welcome to the University of Illinois Extension serving JoDaviess, Stephenson, and Winnebago Counties. Using the vast resources of the Univ. of IL, the Extension provides practical, research-based information to make a positive difference in people's lives. Explore our website and let us help you put knowledge to work!
No Upcoming Extension Meetings.