I on Diabetes is a four part series, consisting of 3-hour sessions designed for anyone interested in preventing or managing diabetes. This program will be held in Rockford September 13, 20 and 27, and October 11.
Explore Local Programs
- * Unit 1 Programs and Events
- 4-H Tech Wizards
- Community Gardening Project
- Food Enterprise Center
- Illinois Cottage Food Operation Information
- Jo Daviess County 4-H
- Jo Daviess County Scholarships
- Jo Daviess Master Naturalists
- JoDaviess County Master Gardeners
- Public Value Statements
- Stephenson County 4-H
- Stephenson County Master Gardeners
- Stephenson Local Foods Initiative
- Unit 1 Ag Newsletter
- Unit 1 Extension Council Meetings
- Winnebago County 4-H
- Winnebago County Master Gardeners
- Winnebago Local Foods Initiative
- Winnebago Master Naturalists
- Illinois Nutrition Education Programs
- Late Summer Field Days 2017
Register by August 22, 2017
- Winnebago County Master Naturalist Training - Fall 2017
Register by September 1, 2017
- Stephenson County 4-H Air Rifle Shooting Sports Club
Register by September 1, 2017
- I on Diabetes - Rockford
Register by September 8, 2017
- Illinois Food Service Sanitation Manager Course, Sept. Freeport
Register by September 12, 2017
- Tea With The Gardeners
Register by September 19, 2017
- Rain Gardens/Rain Barrels (Galena)
Register by December 4, 2017
- Illinois Food Service Sanitation Manager Course, Dec. Freeport
Register by December 11, 2017
- Winnebago 4-H/First Lego League (FLL) Robotics Club
Register by January 15, 2018
Online Forms and Surveys
Read the Latest News
- » Hill and Furrow Blog
Current topics about crop production in Western Illinois, including field crops research at the NWIARDC in Monmouth.
- » Hort in the Home Landscape Blog
A blog devoted to sharing timely horticulture topics and answering the questions of gardeners and homeowners.
- » Illinois Nutrition Edition Blog
A Source for Health Information You Can Trust
- » Northern Illinois Agriculture Blog
University of Illinois Extension
- » Northwest Illinois Horticulture Corner Blog
In the far Northwest Corner of Illinois, gardening is a very popular pastime! Get your info here!
- » Raise, Grow, Harvest, Eat, Repeat Blog
A blog for growers, consumers, and backyard gardeners to grow, eat, and connect in the local food system.
- » The Ag Engineering Update Blog
The latest and greatest from your livestock engineers.
- » The Cattle Blog
- » The Cattle Connection Blog
The cattlemen's connection to timely topics, current research, and profitable management strategies
- » The Small Ruminant Blog
Marketing & Outlook
- Home Yard and Garden Pest
Provides timely information on insect, weed, and plant disease pests for landscapers, arborists, lawn care professionals, golf course personnel, and garden center operators.
- The Bulletin
Weekly bulletins during the growing season, letting you know what problem pests to look for before they reach your field.
- Weekly Outlook
Published each Monday and addresses current and prospective developments in crop and livestock markets.
- University of Illinios Extension to Offer Diabetes Class
- Scholarship Recipients Announced by Stephenson County 4-H and Extension Foundation
- 4-H Air Rifle Program Kicks Off New Year
- Jo Daviess County Master Gardeners to Host Tea Party
- PRETZEL CITY KITCHENS SET TO OPEN AT WAGNER HOUSE
- Master Naturalists Program
- Illinois Food Service Sanitation Manager Certification Classes
- Plant a Row for the Hungry Summer Kick off
- Master Gardener Program Seeks Applicants
- Highland Farmers Market in Freeport returns for sixth season
- Lena Farmers Market opens with a new day & time
- Extension Master Gardener Helpline Ready to Answer Gardening Questions
- City of Galena Programs
- 2016 Weed Control Guide Now Available
- Palmer amaranth could affect Illinois soybean yield
University of Illinois Extension serving Jo Daviess, Stephenson and Winnebago Counties
Main Office (Stephenson County)
Highland Community College, Bldg R
2998 W Pearl City Rd
Freeport, IL 61032
Hours: Monday - Friday 8 am to 4:30 pm
Branch Office (Jo Daviess County)
204 Vine, PO Box 600
Elizabeth, IL 61028
SNAP Ed Office
650 North Main St
Rockford, IL 61103
Branch Office (Winnebago County)
1040 North Second Street
Rockford, IL 61107
The U of I Extension Winnebago County Master Naturalist Program is now accepting applications for our fall training. The 11-week program will be held on Wednesday afternoons from 1 to 5 p.m. starting on September 6th. Register now to reserve your place!
Got a gardening question? Why not call one of our local office and get help and answers to ALL your gardening questions! See the flyer below for hours and dates for each office.
Food Service Sanitation Manager Courses to be offered in Freeport in September & December, 2017. See flyer below for the details on Sept. & Dec. classes and to register!
Applications are being accepted for the 2017 MASTER GARDENER TRAINING COURSE that begins Sept. 7, 2017 in Freeport! Do you have an interest in gardening and horticulture? Would you enjoy volunteering to "Help Others Learn to Grow?" then see below!
On September 14th, join U of I Extension Program Coordinator, Nikki Keltner will talk about ways to reduce storm water run-off in your home landscape.
On Tuesday, September 19, 2017 from 3:00 – 5:00 p.m. the Jo Daviess County Master Gardeners will be holding a Tea Party at the U of I Extension Office. Learn how to grow, dry and use herbs for teas and other uses you may have never thought of.
Welcome to the University of Illinois Extension serving JoDaviess, Stephenson, and Winnebago Counties. Using the vast resources of the Univ. of IL, the Extension provides practical, research-based information to make a positive difference in people's lives. Explore our website and let us help you put knowledge to work!