Come learn tips & get information on marketing directly to the consumer for the upcoming market season! Partnered by Univ. of IL Extension, Pretzel City Kitchen, & Freeport Downtown Dev. Foundation, these 3 sessions won't disappoint you! Details below.
Explore Local Programs
- * Unit 1 Programs and Events
- 4-H Tech Wizards
- Community Gardening Project
- Food Enterprise Center
- Illinois Cottage Food Operation Information
- Jo Daviess County 4-H
- Jo Daviess County Scholarships
- Jo Daviess Master Naturalists
- JoDaviess County Master Gardeners
- Public Value Statements
- Stephenson County 4-H
- Stephenson County Master Gardeners
- Stephenson Local Foods Initiative
- Unit 1 Ag Newsletter
- Unit 1 Extension Council Meetings
- Winnebago County 4-H
- Winnebago County Master Gardeners
- Winnebago Local Foods Initiative
- Winnebago Master Naturalists
- Illinois Nutrition Education Programs
- Dairy & Livestock Judging Contest (Jo Daviess)
Register by March 25, 2017
- Multi-County 4-H Horse Clinic (Stephenson County)
Register by March 31, 2017
- Registration - Local Foods for Northern Illinois Directory
Register by April 2, 2017
- Farmers Market Boot Camp Workshops - Stephenson
Register by April 4, 2017
- 4-H Youth Fun Day - Jo Daviess
Register by April 5, 2017
- Spring Cover Crop Growth and Termination Field Day - Year 2
Register by April 6, 2017
- Rollerskating Clinic (Stephenson County)
Register by April 10, 2017
- 4-H Archery Shooting Sports Program (Stephenson)
Register by April 11, 2017
- 4-H Poultry & Rabbit Clinic (Stephenson County)
Register by April 14, 2017
- Understanding The Natural World (Galena)
Register by April 20, 2017
- Developing The Creative Economy - Freeport, IL
Register by April 26, 2017
- Spring Break Gardening (Jo Daviess)
Register by April 28, 2017
Online Forms and Surveys
Read the Latest News
- » Hill and Furrow Blog
Current topics about crop production in Western Illinois, including field crops research at the NWIARDC in Monmouth.
- » Hort in the Home Landscape Blog
A blog devoted to sharing timely horticulture topics and answering the questions of gardeners and homeowners.
- » Illinois Nutrition Edition Blog
A Source for Health Information You Can Trust
- » Northwest Illinois Horticulture Corner Blog
In the far Northwest Corner of Illinois, gardening is a very popular pastime! Get your info here!
- » Raise, Grow, Harvest, Eat, Repeat Blog
A blog for growers, consumers, and backyard gardeners to grow, eat, and connect in the local food system.
- » The Ag Engineering Update Blog
The latest and greatest from your livestock engineers.
- » The Cattle Blog
- » The Cattle Connection Blog
The cattlemen's connection to timely topics, current research, and profitable management strategies
- » The North 160 Acres Blog
Northern Illinois Agronomy Research Center
- » The Small Ruminant Blog
Marketing & Outlook
- Gardener's Corner
Four seasons of gardening information.
- Home Yard and Garden Pest
Provides timely information on insect, weed, and plant disease pests for landscapers, arborists, lawn care professionals, golf course personnel, and garden center operators.
- The Bulletin
Weekly bulletins during the growing season, letting you know what problem pests to look for before they reach your field.
- Weekly Outlook
Published each Monday and addresses current and prospective developments in crop and livestock markets.
- Pec Farmers Market Announces Summer Plans
- 4-H Shooting Sports Program Underway
- Stephenson County 4-H and Extension Foundation Announces Pork Chop Dinner
- 4-H Fun Day: Doing, Thinking, and Creating!
- Farmers Market Boot Camp Offered
- Make memories of a lifetime at 4-H Camp!
- Science Siesta! Girls + Science = Fun!
- Are Local Food Farmers Ready for the Next Big Customer?
- Spring Break Gardening
- U of I Extension 4-H and Freeport School District 145 Team Up to Improve Latino Graduation Rate
- City of Galena Programs
- I on Diabetes Series offered in Lena
- 4-H Camp – Change Your Child’s Life!
- Winter ration considerations for beef cows
- 2016 Weed Control Guide Now Available
- Palmer amaranth could affect Illinois soybean yield
University of Illinois Extension serving Jo Daviess, Stephenson and Winnebago Counties
Main Office (Stephenson County)
Highland Community College, Bldg R
2998 W Pearl City Rd
Freeport, IL 61032
Hours: Monday - Friday 8 am to 4:30 pm
Branch Office (Jo Daviess County)
204 Vine, PO Box 600
Elizabeth, IL 61028
SNAP Ed Office
650 North Main St
Rockford, IL 61103
Branch Office (Winnebago County)
1040 North Second Street
Rockford, IL 61107
Fun Day will have you DOING, THINKING, and CREATING! You do not have to be in any particular project area to attend, in fact, you do not even have to be in 4-H, so grab a friend and have them join you! This day is free for ages 5-18.
U of I Extension Master Gardeners of Jo Daviess County will be hosting Spring Break Gardening with keynote speaker: Jon Kelly of Mississippi Valley Tree Experts followed by several horticulture breakout sessions.
Welcome to the University of Illinois Extension serving JoDaviess, Stephenson, and Winnebago Counties. Using the vast resources of the Univ. of IL, the Extension provides practical, research-based information to make a positive difference in people's lives. Explore our website and let us help you put knowledge to work!