Computer & Electronics Recycling Event on June 2 & 3, from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.at Highland Community College,Freeport, Parking Lot B. Open to the public & see flyer below for details.
Explore Local Programs
- * Unit 1 Programs and Events
- 4-H Tech Wizards
- Community Gardening Project
- Food Enterprise Center
- Illinois Cottage Food Operation Information
- Jo Daviess County 4-H
- Jo Daviess County Scholarships
- Jo Daviess Master Naturalists
- JoDaviess County Master Gardeners
- Public Value Statements
- Stephenson County 4-H
- Stephenson County Master Gardeners
- Stephenson Local Foods Initiative
- Unit 1 Ag Newsletter
- Unit 1 Extension Council Meetings
- Winnebago County 4-H
- Winnebago County Master Gardeners
- Winnebago Local Foods Initiative
- Winnebago Master Naturalists
- Illinois Nutrition Education Programs
- Summer Vegetable Gardening for Beginners - Jo Daviess
Register by May 30, 2017
- Water Bath and Pressure Canning Basics - Jo Daviess
Register by May 31, 2017
- Youth Dog Clinic - Jo Daviess
Register by June 3, 2017
- Summer Vegetable Gardening for Beginners - Freeport
Register by June 5, 2017
- 2017 Illinois Forage Expo
Register by June 7, 2017
- Yes! You CAN Preserve Safely - Jams and Jellies (JoDaviess)
Register by June 7, 2017
- 4-H Horse Clinic - Jo Daviess
Register by June 7, 2017
- Water Bath and Pressure Canning Basics - Rockford
Register by June 13, 2017
- Waterbath & Pressure Canning workshop, Freeport
Register by June 15, 2017
- Yes! You CAN Preserve Safely - Jams and Jellies - Rockford
Register by June 16, 2017
- 4-H Fishing Club
Register by June 19, 2017
- Yes! You CAN Preserve Safely - Jams and Jellies(Stephenson)
Register by June 27, 2017
- Youth Goat Clinic - Jo Daviess
Register by July 1, 2017
- Youth Climate Ambassadors
Register by July 10, 2017
- When Your Nearest Neighbors Aren't Human (Galena)
Register by September 4, 2017
Online Forms and Surveys
Read the Latest News
- » Hill and Furrow Blog
Current topics about crop production in Western Illinois, including field crops research at the NWIARDC in Monmouth.
- » Hort in the Home Landscape Blog
A blog devoted to sharing timely horticulture topics and answering the questions of gardeners and homeowners.
- » Illinois Nutrition Edition Blog
A Source for Health Information You Can Trust
- » Northern Illinois Agriculture Blog
University of Illinois Extension
- » Northwest Illinois Horticulture Corner Blog
In the far Northwest Corner of Illinois, gardening is a very popular pastime! Get your info here!
- » Raise, Grow, Harvest, Eat, Repeat Blog
A blog for growers, consumers, and backyard gardeners to grow, eat, and connect in the local food system.
- » The Ag Engineering Update Blog
The latest and greatest from your livestock engineers.
- » The Cattle Blog
- » The Cattle Connection Blog
The cattlemen's connection to timely topics, current research, and profitable management strategies
- » The Small Ruminant Blog
Marketing & Outlook
- Gardener's Corner
Four seasons of gardening information.
- Home Yard and Garden Pest
Provides timely information on insect, weed, and plant disease pests for landscapers, arborists, lawn care professionals, golf course personnel, and garden center operators.
- The Bulletin
Weekly bulletins during the growing season, letting you know what problem pests to look for before they reach your field.
- Weekly Outlook
Published each Monday and addresses current and prospective developments in crop and livestock markets.
- Fishing with 4-H!
- Jams and Jellies Workshop Slated for June 17th
- NEW DATE for “Yes! You CAN: Preserving Practice – Jams and Jellies”
- Recycle your Electronics at upcoming event!
- Stephenson County Ag Breakfast June 24, 2017!
- When Your Nearest Neighbors Aren’t Human
- Summer Vegetable Gardening for Beginners (Stephenson Co)
- 4-H Camp Counselors Impact Youth in Positive Ways
- Want to can your own food this summer?
- Summer Vegetable Gardening for Beginner’s (JoDaviess Co)
- Ag and Natural Resources Scholarship Availability Announced
- Extension Master Gardener Helpline Ready to Answer Gardening Questions
- Water Bath and Pressure Canning Workshop Offered in Freeport
- Upcoming Jo Daviess County Master Gardener Events
- Make memories of a lifetime at 4-H Camp!
- City of Galena Programs
- 2016 Weed Control Guide Now Available
- Palmer amaranth could affect Illinois soybean yield
University of Illinois Extension serving Jo Daviess, Stephenson and Winnebago Counties
Main Office (Stephenson County)
Highland Community College, Bldg R
2998 W Pearl City Rd
Freeport, IL 61032
Hours: Monday - Friday 8 am to 4:30 pm
Branch Office (Jo Daviess County)
204 Vine, PO Box 600
Elizabeth, IL 61028
SNAP Ed Office
650 North Main St
Rockford, IL 61103
Branch Office (Winnebago County)
1040 North Second Street
Rockford, IL 61107
Get outside with 4-H! Youth ages 12 to 18 are invited to sign up for our new 4-H Fishing Club! Fishing is a great way to spend quality time outdoors while learning a hobby and skill that will last you a lifetime.
Plan to join Chris Evans for a lively discussion on how some landscape plants are going rouge, taking over your landscaping, and moving into natural environments.
This hands on workshop will be held on Thursday, June 8th from 5:30-9:00 in Elizabeth, Saturday June 17th from 9:30 am - 2:30 pm or 1:00-4:00 in Rockford & June 27th from 5:30-9:00 in Freeport.
Water-Bath & Pressure Canning Workshop offered June 1 from 1-4 pm in Elizabeth, June 13 from 5:30-9 pm in Rockford and June 15 from 5:30-9 pm in Freeport. Topics on benefits of canning,when to water bath vs. pressure canning and much more.
Clinics will be offered to all youth ages 8-18 for dogs and goats and all 4-H members ages 8 - 18. Learn showmanship, grooming and much, much, more.
Welcome to the University of Illinois Extension serving JoDaviess, Stephenson, and Winnebago Counties. Using the vast resources of the Univ. of IL, the Extension provides practical, research-based information to make a positive difference in people's lives. Explore our website and let us help you put knowledge to work!