Signup to receive email updates
- September 2017 (2)
- August 2017 (3)
- June 2017 (2)
- May 2017 (1)
- May 2016 (4)
- April 2016 (1)
- March 2016 (3)
- February 2016 (1)
- August 2015 (1)
- July 2015 (2)
- June 2015 (4)
- May 2015 (1)
- March 2015 (1)
- November 2014 (1)
- October 2014 (6)
- August 2014 (6)
- July 2014 (6)
- June 2014 (3)
48 Total Posts
follow our RSS feed
Tuesday, June 17, 2014
One of the great programs that has happened for the last couple years has been our OpenFields Farm Tours. I was fortunate to move up here last year a week before this event. For me, it was a great way to see what the farms in our area grow and are dealing with. You don't get these opportunities often, folks.
This marks our 6th annual Openfields Farm Tour which is scheduled from Noon to 4 p.m. on Saturday, June 21, and will feature farms and gardens throughout Winnebago, Stephenson, Boone, and McHenry Counties.
The 2014 Openfields Farm Tour will feature farms specializing in vegetables, fruits, grains, poultry, and livestock. Visitors will get a chance to walk freely among the fruit and vegetable beds, ask questions of the farmers, learn about growing methods and business practices, and observe farm animals in their natural environment.
Visitors can pick and choose from seven destinations on the self-guided, no cost farm tour. The list of participating farms includes:
• Chestnut Cliff Farm, 2583 U.S. 20, Freeport IL 61032
• Freedom Organix, 8406 Maxon Road, Harvard IL 60033
• Harrison Market Gardens, 9024 Harrison Road, Winnebago IL 61088
• Hazzard Free Farm, 5111 Ahrens Road, Pecatonica IL 61063
• Open Range Products, 14081 Berglund Road, Pecatonica IL 61063
• Pecatonica High School FFA Farm, 1300 Main St., Pecatonica IL 61063
• Trogg's Hollow, 11577 Poplar Grove Road, Poplar Grove IL 61065
More information about the tour can be found on our mainpage.
Hope to see you all out there!