Therapeutic horticulture provides guidance to activity directors, recreation staff, social workers, administration, volunteers, and special education teachers in 3 sessions for their facilities and agencies!
Explore Local Programs
- * Unit 1 Programs and Events
- 4-H Tech Wizards
- Community Gardening Project
- Food Enterprise Center
- Illinois Cottage Food Operation Information
- Jo Daviess County 4-H
- Jo Daviess Master Naturalists
- JoDaviess County Master Gardeners
- Public Value Statements
- Stephenson County 4-H
- Stephenson County Master Gardeners
- Stephenson Local Foods Initiative
- Unit 1 Ag Newsletter
- Unit 1 Annual Reports
- Unit 1 Extension Council Meetings
- Winnebago County 4-H
- Winnebago County Master Gardeners
- Winnebago Local Foods Initiative
- Winnebago Master Naturalists
- Illinois Nutrition Education Programs
- Babysitting Clinic (Jo Daviess)
Register by June 2, 2018
- Yes, You CAN: Preserve it Safely Series (Rockford)
Register by June 7, 2018
- 4-H Jr. Gardener Club (Rockford)
Register by June 8, 2018
- Mushrooms (Freeport)
Register by June 14, 2018
- The ABC's of School Nutrition-Local School Food Service Training
Register by June 15, 2018
- Blooming Through Therapeutic Horticulture (Freeport)
Register by June 15, 2018
- Certified Food Protection Manager Course, June (Rockford)
Register by June 26, 2018
- Pasture Walk in Jo Daviess County
Register by June 26, 2018
- 4-H Young Explorers (Rockford)
Register by June 30, 2018
- Yes, You CAN: Preserve it Safely Series (Freeport)
Register by August 7, 2018
- The Butterfly Club (Jo Daviess)
Register by August 8, 2018
- Certified Food Protection Manager Course, August (Freeport)
Register by August 14, 2018
- Yes, You Can Preserve Safely Series (Jo Daviess)
Register by September 14, 2018
- Certified Food Protection Manager Course, December, (Freeport)
Register by December 4, 2018
Read the Latest News
- » Hill and Furrow Blog
Current topics about crop production in Western Illinois, including field crops research at the NWIARDC in Monmouth.
- » Hort in the Home Landscape Blog
A blog devoted to sharing timely horticulture topics and answering the questions of gardeners and homeowners.
- » Illinois Nutrition Edition Blog
A Source for Health Information You Can Trust
- » Northwest Illinois Horticulture Corner Blog
In the far Northwest Corner of Illinois, gardening is a very popular pastime! Get your info here!
- » Raise, Grow, Harvest, Eat, Repeat Blog
A blog for growers, consumers, and backyard gardeners to grow, eat, and connect in the local food system.
- » The Ag Engineering Update Blog
The latest and greatest from your livestock engineers.
- » The Cattle Blog
- » The Cattle Connection Blog
The cattlemen's connection to timely topics, current research, and profitable management strategies
- » The Seed Bank Blog
A blog for producers to stay updated regarding management practices and production concerns in NW Illinois.
- » The Small Ruminant Blog
- Grazing from the Soil Up, Elizabeth
- Local youth invited to join the 4-H Junior Gardener Club
- University of Illinois Extension 4-H Staff Recognized
- Extension Pathologist Evaluates Soil-Borne Plant Disease Control Methods
- Food Preservation Classes Offered
- Learn how to grow Mushrooms with University of Illinois Extension
- Scholarship Winners Announced
- Yes! You Can: Preserve It Safely - Water-bath and Pressure Canning (Jo Daviess)
- Professional Standards Training for Local Schools
- Stephenson County Ag Breakfast Set for Saturday June 16
- Jo Daviess County Pasture Walk
- Food Preservation Workshop
- Jams and Jellies Workshop
- U of I Extension to Hold Pasture Walk
- Master Gardener Helpline Helps Home Gardeners
- Master Gardener Class Graduates
- Master Gardener Recent Happenings
- Ag and Natural Resources Scholarship Availability Announced
- Babysitting Clinic Planned
- Lena Farmers Market Opens May 2
- 4-H Summer Camp – Change Your Child’s Life!
- Blooming Through Therapeutic Horticulture
University of Illinois Extension serving Jo Daviess, Stephenson and Winnebago Counties
Highland Community College, Bldg R
2998 W Pearl City Rd
Freeport, IL 61032
Hours: Monday - Friday 8 am to 4:30 pm
Jo Daviess County
204 Vine, PO Box 600
Elizabeth, IL 61028
SNAP Ed Office
650 North Main St
Rockford, IL 61103
1040 North Second Street
Rockford, IL 61107
4-H Youth Development Community Worker Mia Chase, was awarded the STEM-sational Impact Award during the 2018 April 4-H All-Team State meeting in Champaign, IL. Mia was recognized for her outstanding work with the 4-H Tech Wizards program in Winnebago Co.
4-H Young Explorers are fun, interactive & educational activities designed to celebrate nature for youth ages 9-13. Weekly summer sessions will be held at Klehm Arboretum and led by U of I Extension staff, Master Gardener and Klehm volunteers.
Learn how to get started growing mushrooms, what mushrooms you can grow, how to get your system set up, and basic overview of growing mushrooms. Shiitakes & oysters along with other varieties will be covered in this program. Bring your lunch and join us!
Want to learn how to preserve your summer harvest safely, or need a quick refresher? Classes include Freezing Your Summer Harvest, Water Bath and Pressure Canning, Preserving Practice - Jams and Jellies, and Preserving Practice - Salsa.
This 6 session Butterfly Club, open to all youth ages 10 and older, will begin on Thursday, June 21st meeting each time from 9:00 - 11:00 a.m. at the Jo Daviess County Extension Office, 204 N Vine St, Elizabeth, IL.
Certified Food Protection Manager (CFPM) courses will be offered this year. Click on link below for details and to register or call a local Extension office. See flyer below for details.
Welcome to the University of Illinois Extension serving Jo Daviess, Stephenson, and Winnebago Counties. Using the vast resources of the U of I, Extension provides practical, research-based information to make a positive difference in people's lives. Explore our website and let us help you put knowledge to work!
No Upcoming Extension Meetings.