Explore Local Programs
Read the Latest News
- Raise, Grow, Harvest, Eat, Repeat Blog
A blog for growers, consumers, and backyard gardeners to grow, eat, and connect in the local food system.
- Learn how to grow Mushrooms with University of Illinois Extension
- Stephenson County Ag Breakfast Set for Saturday June 16
- Lena Farmers Market Opens May 2
- Totally Tomatoes and Perfect Peppers Workshop Offered
Extension Educator, Local Food Systems and Small Farms
University of Illinois Extension
Highland Community College, Bldg R
2998 W Pearl City Rd
Freeport, IL 61032
Local Food Systems and Small Farms
Private Applicator Training (Online Course)
Online course to assist private pesticide applicators prepare for the licensing examination.
Agricultural Safety and Health
The Agricultural Safety and Health program seeks to provide research-based information and resources that assist individuals and organizations in the understanding and prevention of injury and illness while working in and around Illinois agriculture.
This site includes examples of Illinois Agritourism, information on business development, resources, and upcoming events.
Local Resources and Information
Please click a category to view the included resources.