University of Illinois Extension serving Lake and McHenry Counties
100 South US Highway 45
Grayslake, IL 60030
Hours: Monday-Friday 8:00am to 4:30pm
1102 McConnell Road
PO Box 1430
Woodstock, IL 60098
Hours: Monday-Friday 8:00am to 4:30pm
- Algonquin Township Office
- City of Harvard
City of Harvard information page.
- City of Marengo
All you need to know about the City of Marengo found in one website.
- City of McHenry
The City of McHenry's official web page.
- City of Woodstock
Woodstock City page with government links.
- Crystal Lake Net
The source to view for information about the Crystal Lake area.
- Grafton Township
Information about roads, assessments, etc for Grafton Township
- McHenry Township Office
McHenry Township meets the needs for recreation opportunities, community meeting space and senior services.
- Seneca Township
A tool to provide information to residents of Seneca Township.
- Village of Algonquin
The official site for the Village of Algonquin.
- Village of Cary
Complete source of information about what is happening in and around Cary.
- Village of Fox River Grove
- Village of Huntley
All of the information you need about the Village of Huntley in one location.
- Village of Lakewood
A friendly community providing families with quality living in a natural setting.
- Village of Oakwood Hills
A resource for those living in or visiting Oakwood Hills.
- Village of Richmond
A resource for all things Richmond.
- Village of Spring Grove
Information pages of the Village of Spring Grove.
- Community Organization Links
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of McHenry County
Mission is to help children in need reach their potential through professionally supported Big Brothers Big Sisters mentoring relationships that will improve the lives of these children forever.
- Community Connections for Youth (CCY), Woodstock
A coalition made of community members and organizations working together to provide the tools for positive youth development.
- Community Partnership Coalition
The CPC and its members are a collaborative mix of local community businesses, organizations, and individuals, working to promote and preserve a healthy environment for all of Woodstock.
- McHenry County 4-H Youth Foundation
An organization to raise funds for the 4-H Youth Development program in McHenry County.
- McHenry County Community Foundation
Established to create a permanent endowment that will meet the changing needs and interests of the people of McHenry County.
- McHenry County Historical Society
Organized in November 1963 as a not-for-profit corporation, our mission is providing the methods and means of presenting McHenry County History to enrich life.
- The Land Conservancy of McHenry County
Our mission statement is to preserve scenic, natural and agricultural resources in McHenry County by working with private landowners, communities and developers.
- Libraries In McHenry County
- Algonquin Area Public Library
- Cary Area Public Library
- Crystal Lake Public Library
- Harvard Diggins Delos F Public Library
- Huntley Area Public Library
- Marengo Public Library
- McHenry Public Library
- Nippersink Public Library
- Woodstock Public Library
- Local Government/County
- Consumer Credit Counseling Services
The mission of CCCS of McHenry County is to improve the quality of life in our community by promoting financial responsibility through counseling, education and money management services.
- McHenry County Conservation District
Preservation; Education; Recreation
- McHenry County Government
The official site for the County of McHenry.
- McHenry County Housing Authority
The McHenry County Housing Authority (MCHA) administers programs that help low and very low income families and individuals to obtain housing, help them afford the cost of heating and cooling their homes, help owners to keep their housing and make every effort to help prevent homelessness.
- McHenry County Regional Office of Education
Link to the central office for the county educational system.
- McHenry County Soil and Water Conservation District
The SWCD/NRCS offices house many resource informational materials. These materials can prove very valuable to prospective homeowners, etc., in allowing them to assess a property's capabilities and limitations prior to purchasing.
- McHenry County Workforce Center
Through a partnership of workforce development organizations, the McHenry County Workforce Center offers a single convenient connection point for job seekers and employers to find each other and tap into a pool of education, training and employment opportunities.
- The Environmental Defenders of McHenry County
The Environmental Defenders of McHenry County is a citizen organization dedicated to the preservation and improvement of the environment. We are committed to building sound ecological relationships between people and the natural world that supports all life.
- McHenry County Schools
- Alden-Hebron Community Consolidated District 19
- Allendale Stepping Stone West/LINC
- Cary Community Consolidated School District 26
- Community High School District 155
- Consolidated School District 158
- Crystal Lake Community Consolidated District 47
- Crystal Lake Montessori School
- Faith Lutheran High School
- Fox River Grove School District 3
- Harrison Elementary School District 36
- Harvard Community School District 50
- Johnsburg Community Unit School District 12
- Lord & Savior Lutheran School
- Marengo Community High School District 154
- Marian Central Catholic High School
- McHenry County College
- McHenry Elementary School District 15
- McHenry High School District 156
- Montini Catholic School
- Nippersink School District 2
- Prairie Grove Consolidated School District 46
- Richmond-Burton Community High School District 157
- Riley Community Consolidated School District 18
- SEDOM (Special Education District of McHenry County)
- St. John the Baptist Catholic School
- St. John's Lutheran School
- St. Joseph's Catholic School
- St. Margaret Mary Catholic School
- St. Mary Catholic School
- St. Thomas the Apostle School
- Trinity Oaks Christian Academy
- Woodstock Community Unit School District 200
- Zion Lutheran School
- Zion Lutheran School and Preschool
- Daily Herald
Breaking Lake County News. Neighborbood events, sports scores and news source for Lake County. Daily Herald is suburban Chicago's largest daily newspaper.
- El Conquistador
El Conquistador recientemente unió esfuerzos con la compañía NorthWest News Group, una división de Shaw Newspapers. El Conquistador recently joined forces with the NorthWest News Group, a division of Shaw Newspapers.
- Northwest Herald
Covering the news across McHenry County.
Reflejos Bilingual Journal ha servido a la comunidad latina de los suburbios de Chicago durante 14 años como publicación hermana del Daily Herald. Reflejos Bilingual Journal has served the Chicago suburban Latino market for 14 years as a sister publication to the Daily Herald.
- Star 105.5 FM
- The Farmside
- Woodstock Independent
Covering news in the Woodstock area.
- Other Links of Interest
- Hooved Animal Humane Society
Humane Treatment of Hooved Animals through Education, Legislation, Investigation and, if necessary, Intervention
- Lake County Home and Community Education (HCE)
Lake County Association for Home & Community Education (LCAHCE) is a non profit organization giving women an opportunity for increasing personal growth, leadership development, and community involvement.
- McHenry County Fair Association
Information about the county fair and other contacts and scheduling information.
- McHenry County Home and Community Education
McHenry County Home and Community Education (HCE) is an educational and community service organization of approximately 100 members, working to promote social and economic well-being in our homes and neighborhoods for more than 90 years in McHenry County.
- Woodstock Weavers Guild
The Woodstock Weavers Guild is an active fiber arts Guild that promotes handweaving and allied crafts in Northern Illinois and Southern Wisconsin.
- Social Services Related Links
- CASA of McHenry County
CASA's goal is to ensure safety and permanency for children whose lives are in turmoil. CASA volunteers are appointed by judges to be a voice for these children in court and in the community. The desired result is that children are placed into safe, loving homes where they can thrive.
- Community Coordinated Child Care (Resource & Referral)
4-C is a non-profit agency advocating quality, affordable child care.
- Faith in Action McHenry County
Community and Faith-based agencies working together to assist the lives of our senior population.
- Family Alliance
A not-for-profit, comprehensive geriatric health facility serving seniors and their caregivers since 1981, Family Alliance's programs have helped mentally and physically frail elderly to remain at home and in the care of loved ones, avoiding premature placement in nursing homes.
- Home of the Sparrow
Helping women and their children to move out of homelessness into lives of stability and a better future...
- Mainstay Therapeutic Riding Program
Main Stay Therapeutic Riding Program provides individualized equine related therapeutic activities to people with physical, developmental, social, and emotional disabilities, in McHenry and surrounding counties.
- McHenry County Crisis Program
The centerpoint of access for all behavioral health emergencies in McHenry County. The Crisis Program's primary goals are to provide prompt, compassionate and effective mental health help during personal, family, or community emergency.
- McHenry County Volunteer Center
The Volunteer Center fosters relationships with non-profits and volunteers to strengthen and support service in the county.
- Network of Care for Behavioral Health
Regardless of where you begin your search for assistance with behavioral health issues, the Network of Care helps you find what you need - it helps ensure that there is "No Wrong Door" for those who need services.
- Options & Advocacy
Options & Advocacy for McHenry County is making a big difference in the lives of children and adults with disabilities and families of school age children having problems. The place to turn to when a family is experiencing difficulties and has no where else to turn for help.
- Pioneer Center
Pioneer Center offers housing, jobs, counseling and life planning for over 1,000 individuals with disabilities and their families.
- Senior Services Associates, Inc.
A non-profit agency dedicated to sustaining and improving the quality of life for mature adults by providing access to the social services. Dedicated to preserving independence, promoting mental and physical well being and protecting rights and dignity.
- Turning Point
A domestic violence agency with a mission to confront violence against women and children in McHenry County.
- State Government
- Governor of Illinois
- State House Representative
- State Senate
- United States Senate