Explore Local Programs
- Sustainable Lawns - Four Seasons Summer Gardening Series
Register by June 27, 2017
- Carnivorous Plants - Four Seasons Summer Gardening Series
Register by July 11, 2017
- Backyard Tree Fruits - Four Seasons Summer Gardening Series
Register by July 25, 2017
- Therapeutic Horticulture - Four Seasons Fall Gardening Series
Register by September 5, 2017
- Essential Oils - Four Seasons Fall Gardening Series
Register by September 19, 2017
- Butterfly ID - Four Seasons Fall Gardening Series
Register by October 3, 2017
Read the Latest News
- Connecting to Our Food Web Blog
Dedicated to educational resources towards building and sustaining viable food webs and ecosystems
- The Homeowners Column
Sandy Mason's Homeowners Column discusses hot topics in the home landscape each week.
- Gardener's Corner
Four seasons of gardening information.
- Do I Need to Prune My Tomatoes?
- Excessive Spring Rain Results in Waterlogged Plants
- A Bad Year for Ticks? Take Steps to Protect Yourself
- Managing Pests in Your Garden with IPM
- Mark Your Calendar for Upcoming Garden Tour - Belleville Area
- Mark Your Calendar for Upcoming Garden Tour - Edwardsville Area
- Cold Wet Weather Means More Diseases for Fruit Trees
- Roses of Many Colors
- Slugs-A Garden Pest!
- Bi-State Compost School Offered
- Illinois Under Siege: Experts Discuss Invasive Species Threats
- Planting Vegetables
- Perilous Pears
- Spring Brings the Need for Sustainable Lawn Care
- Float Like a Butterfly
- YouTube Videos Show How to Care for Houseplants
- Boxwood Blight Confirmed in Illinois
Extension Educator, Horticulture
University of Illinois Extension
1 Regency Plaza
Collinsville, IL 62234
Learn how to use tropical plants as focal points and accents.
Watch Your Garden Grow
Your guide to choosing, growing, preparing and storing common vegetables.
Our Rose Garden
Find out how to grow and care for roses in Our Rose Garden.
Learn how to select the right ornamental grasses for your landscape.
Composting for the Homeowner
This site gives an excellent indepth discussion of the science of composting, why it is important to compost, how to build a compost pile, and materials needed for composting.
Stepping Stones to Perennial Garden Design
Learn how to design and maintain a perennial garden that will delight you with seasonal beauty year after year.
Successful Container Gardens
A guide for choosing a container, selecting soil mixes, choosing and combining plants, fertilizing, watering and grooming basics.
A directory of more than 140 different Illinois wildflowers
Selecting Trees for Your Home
Find the right tree for your home landscape at Selecting Trees for Your Home.
Local Resources and Information
- Bi State Compost School
June 21-22, 2017 at Henry White Experimental Farm and St. Louis Composting
- Master Gardeners Make a Difference!
If you have an interest in gardening and want to make a difference in the St Louis Metro East community, then consider applying to become a Master Gardener volunteer through the University of Illinois Madison-Monroe-St Clair Unit. http://web.extension.illinois.edu/mms/
- Volunteer Hours Reporting System