Please click a category to view the included resources.
Douglas B. Gucker
Extension Educator, Local Food Systems and Small Farms
University of Illinois Extension
3351 N. President Howard Brown Blvd.
Decatur, IL 62521
Marketing and Economics
- A Checklist for Purchasing Local Produce
- A Guide to Serving Local Food
- Buying Directly from a Farmer Fact Sheet
- Community-Supported Agriculture - Robyn Van En Center
The Robyn Van En Center is a national resource center about Community-Supported Agriculture (CSA) for people across the nation and around the world.
- Local Food Time Ticker
- Local Foods Dinner Planning Checklist
- North Central Region County Food Systems Profiles Portal
This Food Systems Profile provides an overview of existing data across a broad scope of food systems activities, documents how key indicators are changing over time, and serves as a baseline for community leaders and educators to identify opportunities for growth or expansion in regional food systems. Data for this profile was accessed from existing secondary data sources including the US Census of Agriculture and the United State Department of Agriculture. The regional average includes: Indiana, Illinois, Iowa, Kansas, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota, Ohio, South Dakota and Wisconsin.