Please click a category to view the included resources.
Douglas B. Gucker
Extension Educator, Local Food Systems and Small Farms
University of Illinois Extension
3351 N. President Howard Brown Blvd.
Decatur, IL 62521
Marketing and Economics
Local Foods Research
- A Report to the Illinois General Assembly by the Illinois Local and Organic Food and Farm Task Force
- Beyond the Farmers' Market Planning for Local Food Systems in Illinois
- Comparing the Structure, Size, and Performance of Local and Mainstream Food Supply Chains
- Facts on Direct-to-Consumer Food Marketing
- Local Food Systems: Concepts, Impacts, and Issues
- North Central Region County Food Systems Profiles Portal
This Food Systems Profile provides an overview of existing data across a broad scope of food systems activities, documents how key indicators are changing over time, and serves as a baseline for community leaders and educators to identify opportunities for growth or expansion in regional food systems. Data for this profile was accessed from existing secondary data sources including the US Census of Agriculture and the United State Department of Agriculture. The regional average includes: Indiana, Illinois, Iowa, Kansas, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota, Ohio, South Dakota and Wisconsin.
- Ready to Grow: A Plan for Increasing Illinois Fruit and Vegetable Production