Illinois 4-H celebrates campus alumni during National 4-H Week
In Chancellor Robert J. Jones' welcome address to campus, he pledged to uphold the land-grant mission that created Extension and 4-H. "The land-grant mission is in my blood, and I am a proud product of it," Jones said. "And as chancellor at Illinois, one of the original land grants established by the Morrill Act, I have the opportunity to help ensure that my experience is one that any student can have in this century of higher education."
The University reaches some 200,000 youth each year in Illinois through the 4-H youth development program. From Chicago to Cairo and all points in between, one in fourteen youth in the state are part of the 4-H family. 4-H cultivates leadership, a love of learning, and a commitment to serve, so it's no surprise to find many 4-H alumni among the faculty, staff, and students at the University of Illinois.
In honor of National 4-H Week, U of I Extension invites 4-H alums on campus to share their story and receive a 4-H alumni t-shirt to celebrate your 4-H heritage. Go to go.illinois.edu/4Halumni and complete the short survey. Then, drop by 101 Mumford Hall during business hours October 3-7 and pick up your t-shirt. The invitation is open to University of Illinois faculty, staff, and students.
- Looking for anaplasmosis in beef cattle
- Illinois organizations partner with Extension to combat malnutrition in seniors
- Extension’s Tony Franklin awarded 2017 Larine Y. Cowan Make a Difference Award on Leadership in Diversity
- Piece by piece, 4-H members stitch together hope for children battling cancer
- STARTUP Jefferson County provides entrepreneurs and small business owners the tools to succeed
- In the face of disaster, Extension Disaster Education Network provides enduring support
- Peoria “stormwater farm” demonstrates power of connecting design thinking with improved public health outcomes
- Incoming freshmen: Apply now for the Extension to ACES Scholarship!
- As the Refuge Food Forest bears fruit, a community's fascination blossoms
- Think globally, act locally: Woodchip bioreactors help farmers reduce nutrient runoff
- BRANDT 4-H race car wins Xfinity maiden race
- Champaign-Urbana collects 13,000 pounds of unwanted medicine
- Data-Driven Dairy
- Illinois biennial report recognizes positive, voluntary steps to reduce nutrient loss
- Persistence pays off: Orr Center celebrates 40 years of progress, partnership
- Gardening with your senses
- Google donates $1.5 million and virtual reality technology to support 4-H youth science programs
- Extension wins award at Society for Nutrition Education and Behavior 2017 annual conference
- 4-H has your seat to the eclipse
- 4-H Bridge Bust Participants Earn More than Awards
- Macon County Master Naturalist Gives Back
- U of I Students Share Ideas to Improve Peoria’s Southside Neighborhood
- Two University of Illinois Extension Master Gardener Pollinator Projects Receive Grants
- Healthy Carnival Planned by Teens to Promote Nutrition and Activity
- Illinois Master Gardener program celebrates 40th anniversary
- Illinois State Board of Education Awards $4.5 million to U of I Extension for school food-service training
- Rockford third graders 'Farming in the Class'
- Extension experts talk turkey
- Extension offers Leadership Academy for County Officials
- 4-H Teens as Teachers have positive impact
- Pond management workshop promotes stewardship, sound practices
- An edible forest takes root in Normal