Northern Illinois Agronomy Research Center Agronomy Day
This article was originally published on June 13, 2012 and expired on July 10, 2012. It is provided here for archival purposes and may contain dated information.
The Northern Illinois Agronomy Research Center will be hosting its summer Agronomy Day on July 10th, 2012. Join University of Illinois Extension specialists and researchers as they address issues pertinent to the 2012 growing season. There is no admission cost to the morning program that starts at 9:30 AM and will finish with a meal at 12:30. Weather permitting presentations will take place outside at the research plots. The program is open to all who wish to attend.
Field Topics include
· What does it take to produce high soybean yields – Dr. Emerson Nafziger
· Update on corn rootworm issues and Bt Performance – Dr. Mike Gray
· Corn disease identification and management – Dr. Carl Bradley
· Nutrient removal by corn and soybean – Dr. Fabian Fernandez
· 2012 weed control challenges – Doug Maxwell, senior researcher
The Northern Illinois Agronomy Research Farm is located at 14509 University Road, Shabbona. Please contact Russ Higgins with questions or requests
815 274 1343
Pull date: July 10, 2012