2013 Illinois Crop Management Conference Dates Announced
This article was originally published on November 7, 2012 and expired on December 1, 2012. It is provided here for archival purposes and may contain dated information.
The latest research on crop production and management issues will be discussed at four University of Illinois Crop Management Conferences this winter. These 2-day conferences are designed to address a wide array of topics pertinent to crop production, pest management, and natural resource issues and to provide a forum for discussion and interaction between participants and university researchers.
Certified crop advisers can earn up to 13 hours of CEU credit. Advance registration no later than one week before each conference is $130 per person. Late and on-site registration is $150. Dates and location for the four regional conferences are listed below. Conference online registration will be available in early December.
Proposed conference topics:
· Managing Wheat for High Yield
· Western Corn Rootworm Resistance to Bt
· Effects of the 2011 Ohio Mississippi River Flood
· Corn Agronomics in the Real World
· Soybean Agronomics
· 2012 Ag Drought
· Corn Ear Rots, Storage Molds, and Mycotoxins
· Advances in Soybean Breeding
· Soybean Viruses
· Nutrient Management after the Drought
· Understanding Herbicide Mode of Action and Crop Injury
· Crop Rotation Budgets and Risk Management
· Soil and Water Management
· Advanced Soil and Water Management
Locations and dates
· Jan. 22-23: Springfield – Northfield Inn Conference Center. For more information, contact Robert Bellm, 618-427-3349; email@example.com.
· Jan. 29-30: Mt. Vernon – Krieger/Holiday Inn Convention Center. For more information, contact Robert Bellm, 618-427-3349; firstname.lastname@example.org.
· Feb. 5-6: Champaign – I-Hotel and Conference Center. For more information, contact Dennis Bowman, 217-244-0851; email@example.com.
· Feb. 12-13: Malta – Kishwaukee College Conference Center. For more information, contact Russ Higgins, 815-274-1343; firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pull date: December 1, 2012