Orr Center crop science field day July 20
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
July 7, 2016
Date: July 7, 2016
Source: Mike Vose, 217-236-4911, email@example.com
URBANA, Ill. –The University of Illinois’s Orr Agricultural Research and Demonstration Center will host a field day on Wednesday, July 20. The event will begin at 8 a.m. with registration and refreshments.
“The format will be new this year,” says Mike Vose, coordinator of research at the Orr Center. “There will be three U of I Extension specialists making presentations in indoor classrooms.”
• Weed scientist Aaron Hager will talk about weed management.
• Agronomist Emerson Nafziger will discuss crop conditions and nitrogen management.
• Agricultural economist Gary Schnitkey will discuss crop income projections.
Vose says the indoor sessions will be followed by a short wagon tour to look at crop conditions and some of the research trials underway at the center. The tour should be finished by 11 a.m. Continuing education units will be available for Certified Crop Advisors.
For more information, contact Mike Vose (217-236-4911; firstname.lastname@example.org).
The Orr Center is on State Hwy 104 approximately 4 miles west of the junction of IL routes 107 and 104 north of Perry, Illinois.
Visit the center’s website for more information.
Pull date: November 30, 2021
- Perennial plant of 2017 – Asclepias tuberosa
- Growing asparagus at home
- Soil management may help stabilize maize yield in the face of climate change
- Smaller corn supplies provide opportunity for price rallies
- Join us for Salute to Agriculture Day!
- New fungal leaf disease “tar spot” identified in 3 northern Illinois counties