Register now for next week’s summer horticultural field day
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
June 1, 2017
Source: Aaron Graham, 217-359-5565 ext. 28, email@example.com
News writer: Lauren Quinn, 217-300-2435, firstname.lastname@example.org
What: The University of Illinois, along with the Illinois State Horticulture Society and Christ Orchard will be hosting their annual summer horticultural field day next week. U of I Extension faculty will discuss a number of crops, including apples, pumpkins, sweet corn, mums, and more. Optional afternoon tours include the Christ Orchard cider production and cold storage facilities and the Kickapoo Creek Winery. Join us for a day filled with educational talks, great food, and a chance to connect with old and new friends.
Who: Anyone with an interest in Illinois horticulture.
When: June 8, 2017. Registration begins at 8:00 a.m.
Where: Christ Orchard, at 4321 N Texas Rd. in Elmwood, IL 61529. Detailed directions can be found at http://jhawkins54.typepad.com/files/il-hort-day-2017-flyer-revised.pdf.
Pull date: November 30, 2022
- Perennial plant of 2017 – Asclepias tuberosa
- Growing asparagus at home
- New fungal leaf disease “tar spot” identified in 3 northern Illinois counties
- Soil management may help stabilize maize yield in the face of climate change
- Smaller corn supplies provide opportunity for price rallies
- Join us for Salute to Agriculture Day!