Camping has long been a part of 4-H. Make new friends and have a summer "get away" at one of the 4-H camps. Contact any of these camps for details of programs offered.
- University of Illinois 4-H Memorial Camp
499 Old Timber Road, Monticello, IL 61856
Phone (217) 762-2741 Fax (217) 762-8613
- Camp Shaw-waw-nas-see
Northern Illinois 4-H Camp Association
6641 N 6000 W Rd., Manteno, IL 60950
Phone (815) 933-3011 Fax (815) 933-3028
- North-Western Multi-County Camping Program
Northwest Regional Office, 4550 Kennedy Drive, Suite 1, East Moline, IL 61244
Phone (309) 792-8151 Fax (309) 792-4627
- Southern Illinois 4-H Camp Association
Southern Regional Office, 4202 Williamson Place, Suite 2, Mt. Vernon, IL 62864
Phone (618) 242-9474 Fax (618) 242-9386
- Choose from many activities offered each day.
- Make lots of new friends.
- Participate in your choice of learning projects. (model rocketry, conservation, cooking, guitar, electricity, etc.)
- Enjoy great meals and snacks.
- Learn about animals, wildlife, and the outdoors.
- Make a variety of arts and crafts projects.
- Participate in evening programs including campfies, camp-outs, skits, and a dance.
- Have fun!
Parents can expect their children to:
- Have a safe and happy camp experience.
- Learn new skills and gain independence.
- Be carefully supervised by professional camp staff.
- Receive quality routine and emergency health care.
- Develop an appreciation for people and the environment.