Positive Youth Development
The Positive Youth Development (PYD) Lesson Plans have been designed for use in a club/group setting to strengthen each of the eight critical elements.
Esssential Elements Fact Sheets
Eight Critical Elements
Each lesson plan includes the following core sections:
- Background information to define the element.
- Assessment questions, created to help members and leaders identify the existence or absence of the element.
- Roll Call Suggestions that can be used in the month when the lesson is presented.
- Activities that can be used in the club/group setting to emphasize and strengthen the element.
- A Physically and Psychologically Safe Environment
- A Positive Relationship with a Caring Adult
- A Welcoming / Inclusive Environment
- Active Participation in the Future
- An Appropriately Structured Environment
- Opportunities for Self-determination
- Opportunities to Achieve Competency / Mastery
- Opportunity for Service to Others
PYD Club Implementation Suggestions